Goggles are protective eyewear or safety glasses that enclose and protect your eyes and the area surrounding your eyes to prevent snow and water from striking your eyes. For snowmobiling and other snow sports, it is necessary to protect your eyes from the flying flakes of ice. It will help in protecting and preventing your eyes from becoming watery in the cold and chilling winter wind.
Reviews of the Best Snowmobile Goggles
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Top 10 Best Snowmobile Goggles Reviews
- DETACHABLE LENS SYSTEM-The detachable lens system offers spare lenses with different colors, VLTs suitable for different weather conditions and personal preference when skiing, snowboarding or other winter sports.
- PROFESSIONAL VENTILATION & FRAMELESS DESIGN-Designed to reduce fogging and optimizes the flowing air over the inside of the lens. ski goggles provide smooth air-flow system which brings fresh air and exhaust moisture quickly and effectively. The big, spherical, frameless lens provides a truly unobstructed & clear view of the slopes.
- DETACHABLE STRAP HELMET COMPATIBILITY-The extra long elastic strap for any helmet compatibility.It makes these the perfect goggles suitable for both men, women & youth.
- PRESCRIPTION GLASSES COMPATIBLE-Big inner space!!Fits Over the Glasses are designed to fit over most prescription glasses. Visibility first!
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GURANTEE- All JULI customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try.
- Fog free lens technology
- Improved visibility
- Phantom Frame technology
- Re-contoured removable nosemask
- Silicone lined premium strap
- High quality UP Resin material make the dirt bike sunglasses have a excellent toughness and resilience. The PC lenses are scratch resistant, windproof, dustproof, shatter-proof and 100% UV protection.
- Non-slip and high elastic wide adjustable strap to accommodate any helmets and any sizes of head, fits goggle grip on helmets firmly.
- Soft sponge padding around the frame makes the riding goggles more comfortable, and helpful to ventilation and thermal dissipation, keep your eyes comfortable and anti-fog.
- The perfect streamlined design and Wide inner space offer a crystal clear broad vision, allows you to wear a myopic lens comfortable.
- Package Include. 1×multipurpose safety goggle and 1×soft headwear
- OTG (OVER-THE-GLASSES) DESIGN - Ski goggles that fits over glasses. Suitable for both ADULTS AND YOUTH.
- ANTI-FOG LENS & EXCELLENT OPTICAL CLARITY - Dual-layer lens technology with anti-fog coated inner lens gives you a FOG-FREE SKI EXPERIENCE.
- SAFE & RELIABLE WITH UV PROTECTION - Soft TPU frame with lenses that provide 100% UV400 protection and YEARS OF RELIABLE USE.
- UNIVERSAL HELMET COMPATIBILITY - Extra long elastic strap ensures great helmet compatibility with all helmets. Suitable for both adults & teens.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x OutdoorMaster OTG Ski Goggles, 1 x Carrying Pouch, CUSTOMER-FAVORITE 1 YEAR WARRANTY and friendly customer service.
- Durable polycarbonate outer shell
- Meets or exceeds DOT & ECE 2205 safety certification standards
- 11 Sizes across 2 outer shell molds ensure excellent fit, XS-2XL
- Eyeport of the helmet was designed for a perfect fit with 509 brand goggles
- Custom interior EPS head foam with premium removable liner creates a comfortable fit
- GET OUT THERE - The Getaway has everything you need to go for broke without going broke. This midsized go-getter combines an anti-fog dual lens with anti-scratch protection, ergonomic face foam with fleece, and 100% UV protection to deliver clear runs and all-day comfort. Just get the Getaway and go
- PREMIUM FEATURES - Each Getaway is custom built from flexible polyurethane for seasons of use and feature SPY's patented Scoop ventilation system for increasing airflow and decreasing fog-causing sweat and moisture. The Goggles also have our Ergonomic Isotron face foam with moisture-wicking Dri-Force fleece that pulls fog-causing sweat away while providing all-day comfort
- MID SIZED - The Getaway goggles are perfect for all mid-sized faces. These goggles are perfect for gents that don't have giant heads as well as for ladies and children. They work with most of the most popular helmets on the planet - including yours.
- GREAT CLARITY - These goggles feature our anti-fog dual-lens system with anti-scratch protection for added optical clarity and impact protection. They also provide 100% UV protection shield your eyes from powerful, harmful high-altitude sunlight
- SPY OPTIC is an unconventional, fun-loving family of athletes and artists committed to creating exceptional optical products. Established in 1994, we are an independent Southern California- based company. We design products-sunglasses, goggles, and prescription frames-that take style cues from the outdoor sports community we're engrained in, as well as the lifestyle that surrounds it. We know you'll love this SPY product
- Quick change lens technology
- Dual pane snow lens
- Premium anti-fog and anti scratch coatings
- Contoured triple layer foam
- Silicone lined premium strap
- MEET MOST PEOPLE:NENKI snow goggles come with adjustable extra-long head strap which compatible with helmet and different head sizes from teenager to adult of men or women.
- EYE PROTECTION PC LENSES：NENKI Ski dual-lens goggles featured with anti-fog, anti-wind and 100% UV protection to protect your eyes when skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and other snow sports.Clear vision at day & night in partially clouded to sunny days condition, VLT 8-18% offer great panoramic vision and clean sight for all the way on the slope.Double-layer lens made of solid PC material for impact-resistance and superior CA material for moist-absorbent and anti-fogging.
- COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE:Adjustable strap with comfortable wearing experience and hemet compatibility suitable for different winter sport e.g. skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and etc.Triple-layer high density foam attached on durable TPU frame cover the most part of your face and keep you warm on the slope.
- PROTECTION:Frame with high-quality TPU material, with high toughness, tensile and anti-aging properties, Even if you encounter a violent impact do not have to worry about the frame deformation or fracture,protect your eyes anytime and anywhere.Tested and certified according to European Standard EN 1938:2010,CE certified
- HIGH PERFORMANCE VENTING:TPU frame conforms to different face shapes and maintains its flexibility even in cold temperatures,maximum airflow vents
- General Design for all Men and Women with OTG: It's suitable for both men and women, with or without helmet. Comfortable structure will never make you getting hurt from skiing! You can also wear it over the glasses.
- Great Anti- Fog System: Made of double lenses and the inner lens is anti-fog coating. Both of these provide great effect in anti-fogging. Also the sponge ventilation holes on the top and bottom of goggles accelerate ventilation of the cold and hot air, making the goggles always staying in dry state.
- Excellent Optical clarity & UV 400 Protection: Optical clarity with super spherical vision helps you to see all different snow terrain when skiing or snowboarding. And the 20% of VLT, perfect for cloudy and sunny days. All the lenses made by Odoland are UV400 protection. You won't worry about harmful light!
- Helmet Compatible & Comfortable Wearing: Greatly fit with ski helmet as its frame design and the extra long adjustable straps. Double - layer high density and soft form attached tightly on frame to keep your warm on the mountain and cut winds out.
- Versatile for Skiing Skating Snowboarding?Perfect for skiing, skating, snowboarding or other winter snow sports. Having it, you will enjoy yourself freely in the ice world.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL:Bendable High-quality PC material secure more safety, PU resin and a soft high elasticity sponge, Thin plastic with foam padding around the outer edge.
- Advanced Lens technology and Aerodynamic Design designed to prevent Fog and UV400, Eliminate Wind and Sand. Perfect protection for safe and healthy eyes.
- All-in-One Size: Optimized Helmet Compatibility and No-slip Elastic Strap, the strap is adjustable to fit every people.
- ANTI FOG OTG GOGGLES- The googles is designed over the Glass, the users can wear glasses while skiing or riding, clear vision brings safety.
- Suitable for multipurpose usage: Cross-country vehicle, Motorcycle, motocross, snow skiing, Outside sports, kite surfing, jet skiing, air-soft, paintball , snowboarding, ATV and BMX and so on.
Ultimate Buying Guide – Snowmobile Goggles
Types Of Lenses
- Photochromic lenses:
Photochromatic lenses are optical lenses that darken on exposure to light of sufficient intensity and especially to UV rays. In the absence of bright light or when indoors they return to their clear state. They are made up of a variety of material like plastic, polycarbonate or glass. They can darken within a single minute of exposure to the bright light and take somewhat longer to clear in low ambient light condition or after sunset. The molecules of silver chloride or silver halide are embedded in these lenses. They are fully transparent in artificial light. The organic photochromic molecules change their shape and absorb visible light. These photochromic compounds fade back to their clear state by a thermal process, the higher the temperature, the less dark photochromic lenses will be. This thermal effect is called “temperature dependency” and prevents these devices from achieving true sunglass darkness in very hot weather. Conversely, photochromic lenses will get very dark in cold weather conditions.
- Polarized lenses:
Polarized lenses block glare from light reflecting off the snow-covered ground. When the sunlight strikes a flat surface, the light that is reflected tends to become polarized, the reflected light beams travel in a uniform horizontal direction. This dangerous intensity of light reduces visibility. Glare factors, such as luminance on eyes, brightness, size, angle, and duration of the glare source, affect your visual performance. Glare is divided into two categories, namely, disability glare and discomfort glare. Disability glare refers to the decline in your visual ability, that is, the scattered incident light seriously affects your visibility of the viewed target by developing a light curtain on your retina. Therefore, the viewed target has a diminishing contrast and visibility, which normally occur with a dark background. The high-intensity light source illumination on your eyes will temporarily blind you and will trigger dangerous situations. Discomfort glare refers to your discomfort when the light source does not reduce the discernibility of your eye. This type often occurs indoors. Such discomfort will cause irritation, dazzling, or fatigue after extended exposure to glare from the light source illumination. Polarized lenses are not advisable for downhill skiing because you must be able to see the bright patches of reflected light because they alert you to icy conditions. It will not let you see the LCD screen of your smartphone and ATM screen clearly.
- Progressive lenses:
If you are above forty years of age, select the snowmobile goggles with progressive lenses. Progressive lenses are line-free multifocal that have a seamless progression of added magnifying power for intermediate and near vision. Progressive lenses have a more advanced multifocal design than bifocals or trifocals.
Things To Consider When Buying Snowmobile Goggles
- Anti-fogging and anti-scratch lenses:
Most snowmobile goggles have two layers of the lens to prevent the interior from becoming “foggy”. With only a single lens, the interior water vapour condenses onto the lens because the lens is colder than the vapour, although anti-fog agents can be used. The reasoning behind the dual layer lens is that the inner lens will be warm while the outer lens will be cold. As long as the temperature of the inner lens is close to that of the interior water vapour, the vapour should not condense. If water vapour gets between the layers of the lens, condensation can occur between the lenses and is almost impossible to get rid of; thus, properly constructed and maintained dual layer lenses should be airtight to prevent water vapour from entering between the lenses.
- Clear vs tinted lenses:
Tint varies by the way it filters light. Colours like blue or yellow offer great visibility in low light situations while darker shades of tint like black, silver or dark brown perform better in very bright light as they reduce the intensity of light.
- Cylindrical vs spherical lenses:
Cylindrical lenses curve only horizontally not vertically while spherical lenses curve all around your face to give you a wide field of view and good grip.
- Double vs single lenses:
Double lenses create a thermal barrier while single ones are bound to condense.
- Interchangeable lenses:
If you are a DIYer and do all your welding and woodworks on your own, you can use the same frame for different safety purposes, simply buy additional pairs of lenses that will suit different needs.
- Air chamber mechanism:
Air chamber mechanism ensures a high airflow to maximize ventilation.
Make sure the silicone material used in your goggle is CE and FDA approved.
- Compatibility with your helmet:
The length of the soft strap must easily be adjustable with a maximum length of one foot. The elastic strap will ensure that the goggles are easily adjustable and compatible with all the helmets.
Select a frame that is made up of TPU. Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is polyurethane plastic with many properties, including elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil, grease and abrasion. It is thermoplastic elastomers consisting of linear segmented block copolymers composed of hard and soft segments. The lens slot must be safe to prevent easy falling off the goggles, based on the magnetic property.
Foam is meant to wick off and dry your sweat to keep your face from irritation of moisture. Pick the number of layers according to the temperature of your area. Make sure the material is anti-microbial.
- OTG (over the glass):
You won’t be able to see properly without your prescription glasses on. If you have weak eyesight pick an OTG snowmobile goggle.
Adjustable silicone straps and micro-fleece material are the most comfortable material.
- UV protection:
Mirror coating reflective lenses are completely UV resistant.