Goggles are protective eyewear or safety glasses that enclose and protect your eyes and the area surrounding your eyes to prevent snow and water from striking your eyes. For snowmobiling and other snow sports, it is necessary to protect your eyes from the flying flakes of ice. It will help in protecting and preventing your eyes from becoming watery in the cold and chilling winter wind.
Reviews of the Best Snowmobile Goggles
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Top 10 Best Snowmobile Goggles Reviews
- OTG (OVER-THE-GLASSES) DESIGN - Ski goggles that fits over glasses. Suitable for both ADULTS AND YOUTH.
- ANTI-FOG LENS & EXCELLENT OPTICAL CLARITY - Dual-layer lens technology with anti-fog coated inner lens gives you a FOG-FREE SKI EXPERIENCE.
- SAFE & RELIABLE WITH UV PROTECTION - Soft TPU frame with lenses that provide 100% UV400 protection and YEARS OF RELIABLE USE.
- UNIVERSAL HELMET COMPATIBILITY - Extra long elastic strap ensures great helmet compatibility with all helmets. Suitable for both adults & teens.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x OutdoorMaster OTG Ski Goggles, 1 x Carrying Pouch, CUSTOMER-FAVORITE 1 YEAR WARRANTY and friendly customer service.
- Fog free lens technology
- Improved visibility
- Phantom Frame technology
- Re-contoured removable nosemask
- Silicone lined premium strap
- CHANGE YOUR LENS IN UNDER 60 SECONDS- Designed with an integrated clip locking system the 509 Kingpin goggles can be quickly customized in seconds for optimal performance in almost any light condition. Simply swap out for one of our 20 different lens options in a wide range of colors and tints. All lens options will be made available for separate purchase
- EFFORTLESS PERFORMANCE / UNLIMITED STYLE- The Kingpin semi frameless goggles were meticulously designed in the Rocky Mountain range, home of the greatest snow on earth, to offer unparalleled performance, versatility, comfort and style for all levels. Designed by snowmobilers and snowbikers for snowmobilers and snowbikers of all levels
- IMPORTED ITALIAN LENS TECHNOLOGY- Don't ruin your trip with a sub par lens. Our WIDE VIEW panoramic cylindrical dual pane lens design with premium triple treated Anti-Fog & Anti-Scratch coating allow you to see the terrain in any light condition without distortion while also protecting your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays
- NEARLY INDESTRUCTIBLE YET COMFORTABLE- The Kingpon goggle frame is made from super durable Thermoplastic Urethane Polymer material with a premium soft touch anti slip coating. We use only the highest grade of triple layer foam for maximum comfort on your face. These goggles can hold up under the most extreme outdoor conditions.
- High quality UP Resin material make the dirt bike sunglasses have a excellent toughness and resilience. The PC lenses are scratch resistant, windproof, dustproof, shatter-proof and 100% UV protection.
- Non-slip and high elastic wide adjustable strap to accommodate any helmets and any sizes of head, fits goggle grip on helmets firmly.
- Soft sponge padding around the frame makes the riding goggles more comfortable, and helpful to ventilation and thermal dissipation, keep your eyes comfortable and anti-fog.
- The perfect streamlined design and Wide inner space offer a crystal clear broad vision, allows you to wear a myopic lens comfortable.
- Package Include. 1×multipurpose safety goggle and 1×soft headwear.
- 【ADVANCED ANTI-FOG TECHNOLOGY】- Specailly designed with dual fog free lens and each lens is carefully coated with advanced anti-fog so that can offer you a clear and long distant view.Optimized vent channels enhance air-flow and reduce fogging.No more blurry again.
- 【WIDE VIEW WITH SPHERICAL DESIGN】- Panoramic view design for super clear vision and less visual interference.Large spherical lens and almost frameless design provide for a wide, realistic view.
- 【OTG & HELMET COMPATIBLE】- The OTG ski goggles design lets you wear your glasses under the goggles easily.The extra long elastic strap for any helmet compatibility.
- 【COMFORTABLE & VENTILATION】- The snowboard goggles with triple layer breathable foam and premium TPU frame to keep you wear comfortable and warmly.Mirror air holes ensure great ventilation and effectively alleviate intense exercise of sweating in skiing experience.
- 【TOP QUALITY】- The snow goggles lens is made from shatterproof ultra strong poly-carbonate material.100% refund and replacement guarantee in 12 months to ensure customer satisfaction.Just contact us,We will help you out in time.
- Big 3-layer molded face foam
- No-slip silicone strap
- Cylindrical SCOTT OptiView double lens
- Anti-Fog lens treatment
- Flexible O-Matter frame with maximized peripheral view, features true carbon fiber construction
- Triple-layer face foam fleece to wick away sweat
- Anti-fog, scratch- and impact-resistant Lexan lens
- Anti-fog treatment provides better performance in humid environments
- Clear lens lets maximum amount of light through for the most accurate representation of your environment
- DETACHABLE LENS SYSTEM-The detachable lens system offers spare lenses with different colors, VLTs suitable for different weather conditions and personal preference when skiing, snowboarding or other winter sports.
- PROFESSIONAL VENTILATION & FRAMELESS DESIGN-Designed to reduce fogging and optimizes the flowing air over the inside of the lens. ski goggles provide smooth air-flow system which brings fresh air and exhaust moisture quickly and effectively. The big, spherical, frameless lens provides a truly unobstructed & clear view of the slopes.
- DETACHABLE STRAP HELMET COMPATIBILITY-The extra long elastic strap for any helmet compatibility.It makes these the perfect goggles suitable for both men, women & youth.
- PRESCRIPTION GLASSES COMPATIBLE-Big inner space!!Fits Over the Glasses are designed to fit over most prescription glasses. Visibility first!
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GURANTEE- All JULI customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try.
- Shape - Cylindrical
- Lens Color - Bronze
- Visual Light Transmission - 24%
- Light Condition - Partly Cloudy
- Frame Size - Regular
- LENS TECHNOLOGY: High-definition anti-glare lens, reducing light refraction, reducing scenes, removing light astigmatism, clear vision. International standard environmental protection TPU
- PERFORMANCE: In addition to UV protection to protect your eyes from UV rays, it is also possible to protect your eyes from strong winds, cold air, snow and stems. In order to prevent deterioration of visibility, a vent hole is provided in a frame or the
- ANTI-FOG SYSTEM: Double-layer lens, including air insulation layer, ventilating device, permanent anti-fog double-layer lens, independent design, forming a layer of air insulation layer to ensure the air inside the lens is warm and anti-fog effect.
- HIGH QUALITY: Three layers of high-elastic density sponge with strong cushioning power, outer layer of soft woolen fabric, comfortable to wear.
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE: High-quality bold silicone anti-slip strip, adjustable length to ensure comfortable wearing, suitable for a variety of people, compatible with myopia glasses and helmets.
Ultimate Buying Guide – Snowmobile Goggles
Types Of Lenses
- Photochromic lenses:
Photochromatic lenses are optical lenses that darken on exposure to light of sufficient intensity and especially to UV rays. In the absence of bright light or when indoors they return to their clear state. They are made up of a variety of material like plastic, polycarbonate or glass. They can darken within a single minute of exposure to the bright light and take somewhat longer to clear in low ambient light condition or after sunset. The molecules of silver chloride or silver halide are embedded in these lenses. They are fully transparent in artificial light. The organic photochromic molecules change their shape and absorb visible light. These photochromic compounds fade back to their clear state by a thermal process, the higher the temperature, the less dark photochromic lenses will be. This thermal effect is called “temperature dependency” and prevents these devices from achieving true sunglass darkness in very hot weather. Conversely, photochromic lenses will get very dark in cold weather conditions.
- Polarized lenses:
Polarized lenses block glare from light reflecting off the snow-covered ground. When the sunlight strikes a flat surface, the light that is reflected tends to become polarized, the reflected light beams travel in a uniform horizontal direction. This dangerous intensity of light reduces visibility. Glare factors, such as luminance on eyes, brightness, size, angle, and duration of the glare source, affect your visual performance. Glare is divided into two categories, namely, disability glare and discomfort glare. Disability glare refers to the decline in your visual ability, that is, the scattered incident light seriously affects your visibility of the viewed target by developing a light curtain on your retina. Therefore, the viewed target has a diminishing contrast and visibility, which normally occur with a dark background. The high-intensity light source illumination on your eyes will temporarily blind you and will trigger dangerous situations. Discomfort glare refers to your discomfort when the light source does not reduce the discernibility of your eye. This type often occurs indoors. Such discomfort will cause irritation, dazzling, or fatigue after extended exposure to glare from the light source illumination. Polarized lenses are not advisable for downhill skiing because you must be able to see the bright patches of reflected light because they alert you to icy conditions. It will not let you see the LCD screen of your smartphone and ATM screen clearly.
- Progressive lenses:
If you are above forty years of age, select the snowmobile goggles with progressive lenses. Progressive lenses are line-free multifocal that have a seamless progression of added magnifying power for intermediate and near vision. Progressive lenses have a more advanced multifocal design than bifocals or trifocals.
Things To Consider When Buying Snowmobile Goggles
- Anti-fogging and anti-scratch lenses:
Most snowmobile goggles have two layers of the lens to prevent the interior from becoming “foggy”. With only a single lens, the interior water vapour condenses onto the lens because the lens is colder than the vapour, although anti-fog agents can be used. The reasoning behind the dual layer lens is that the inner lens will be warm while the outer lens will be cold. As long as the temperature of the inner lens is close to that of the interior water vapour, the vapour should not condense. If water vapour gets between the layers of the lens, condensation can occur between the lenses and is almost impossible to get rid of; thus, properly constructed and maintained dual layer lenses should be airtight to prevent water vapour from entering between the lenses.
- Clear vs tinted lenses:
Tint varies by the way it filters light. Colours like blue or yellow offer great visibility in low light situations while darker shades of tint like black, silver or dark brown perform better in very bright light as they reduce the intensity of light.
- Cylindrical vs spherical lenses:
Cylindrical lenses curve only horizontally not vertically while spherical lenses curve all around your face to give you a wide field of view and good grip.
- Double vs single lenses:
Double lenses create a thermal barrier while single ones are bound to condense.
- Interchangeable lenses:
If you are a DIYer and do all your welding and woodworks on your own, you can use the same frame for different safety purposes, simply buy additional pairs of lenses that will suit different needs.
- Air chamber mechanism:
Air chamber mechanism ensures a high airflow to maximize ventilation.
Make sure the silicone material used in your goggle is CE and FDA approved.
- Compatibility with your helmet:
The length of the soft strap must easily be adjustable with a maximum length of one foot. The elastic strap will ensure that the goggles are easily adjustable and compatible with all the helmets.
Select a frame that is made up of TPU. Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is polyurethane plastic with many properties, including elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil, grease and abrasion. It is thermoplastic elastomers consisting of linear segmented block copolymers composed of hard and soft segments. The lens slot must be safe to prevent easy falling off the goggles, based on the magnetic property.
Foam is meant to wick off and dry your sweat to keep your face from irritation of moisture. Pick the number of layers according to the temperature of your area. Make sure the material is anti-microbial.
- OTG (over the glass):
You won’t be able to see properly without your prescription glasses on. If you have weak eyesight pick an OTG snowmobile goggle.
Adjustable silicone straps and micro-fleece material are the most comfortable material.
- UV protection:
Mirror coating reflective lenses are completely UV resistant.