Purchasing a new wood-log splitter might look easy, but in real life it’s actually much more complicated. First, you have to decide what characteristics you want a given model to have; for example, how much tonnage you’d like. Then, once you’ve narrowed down your search, you have to start searching Amazon and company websites to find out if there’s a product that matches your needs, which has a reasonable pric, and which is available in your area. Then, once all that’s done, you still have to look at the reviews of that product—and, perhaps, more than any other factor—the reviews can make or break a product. Nevertheless, we’re here to help you find the perfect wood-log splitter, so, without further ado, let’s jump right into it.
Reviews of the Best Wood-Log Splitter
|Best Wood-Log Splitter||Price||Our Rating|
Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter, 7-Ton
Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter, 7-Ton
Pow' R' Kraft 65556 4-Ton 15 Amp Electric Log Splitter
WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why Do You Need Wood-Log splitter?
- Work faster and efficiently
- Spare yourself muscle strain
- Uniform cutting, even angles
- Save a lot of time
Things To Consider When Buying Wood-Log splitter
If you’re considering purchasing a new wood-log splitter, then you can’t just do so mindlessly. Indeed, you need to pay attention to the characteristics offered by each model. For instance, tonnage is very important. Although some models might boast a tonnage of 37 or more, this doesn’t mean that they’re good at what they do: their cycle times might be ridiculously slow, or they might be so fast that there’s no way you can possibly keep up. Take note of the functioning of the splitter as well—for example, how well do the components function together? And, on the subject of components, make sure that replacements are available if you damage yours, particularly if you’ve purchased a splitter that was imported from another country.
- Tonnage: Just because you see that there’s a 45-ton log splitter on sale with a price that’s similar to one that has a lower tonnage, that doesn’t mean you should get it. You won’t be saving yourself any money (or extra efforts). Indeed, the tonnage of the log splitter will depend on what kind of wood you intend to cut with your splitter, as well as how large the specific logs are. This is because, while many less well-known companies of splitters make models that have higher tonnage (37 tons, going into the 40s), said machines will fnctn at a cycle that’s much slower than those of units with similar tonnage and which are made by reputable companies. Indeed, some of them are even so slow that you can drink a whole cup of coffee while you’re still waiting for it to slice up a single log. In other words, cycle time is something you’ll definitely want to watch out for; it can make or break how effective your wood-log splitter is. Similarly, you don’t want a wood-log splitter that works too quickly; they will outpace your work speed, thus creating more stress for you, since you can’t catch up to that speed. Even though they might take less time to cut up the wood, it will cost you more—in terms of time, energy, and effort.
- Reputation: Have you heard of the company before? If not, what do reviewers and the authors of magazine articles have to say about them? Has the company been around for a long time, which would thus have allowed them to develop high-quality prdctn methods? Be wary of splitters made by companies that don’t have many positive reviews; their products might not be of the high quality that you’re expecting.
- Functioning: Do the hydraulic fluid capacity, pump size, and motor size all fnctn properly together? This is exceptionally important if you’re thinking of purchasing a splitter that was imported from another country. Pay attention to the brand of the motor; this component can be even more important than horsepower, in terms of components and maintenance. It’s not enough that a motor has a lot of horsepower; the brand should be recognized as well.
- Components: Can you replace the parts and components if you damage or break yours? This is going to depend on the model of splitter that you get, as well as on which pieces it’s compatible with.
Top 4 Best Wood-Log Splitter Reviews
- Operate with one hand
- Ram return is automatic
- Hydraulic system is professional grade
- 2 HP electric motor
Efficient and rugged
There are several features of this wood-log splitter which ensure that it’s durable and strong. For example, the electric motor is of 2 HP, and the ram return is automatic. Because of this last feature, you can get your work done in half of the time. It features a hydraulic system that’s professional grade. It features high-quality craftsmanship and design. The logs you pump into this machine will split easily, without any trouble at all, even if they’re dense woods like elm and flowering pear. It works quickly, so that you’ll save a lot of time when you’re splitting your logs. It has a lot of power, which it wields efficiently do split all your wood.
This model is designed in such a way that it will last you years and years. You won’t have to worry about it becoming damaged within a few years; it will last longer than that, and you can use it for a nice long amount of time before you need to search for a new model.
This model is user-friendly for a number of reasons. For example, the electric start option works simply, with a push button. This model is portable, and you can use it with one hand. You won’t suffer as much from aches in your neck, back, or head, as you might with other models of wood-log splitter.
High power and efficiency
This model employs a rugged design that has high power and efficiency. For example, the motor is of 3 HP, and the ram force is of 7 tons. It runs on 2500 warts, and the RPM rate is 3500, with the result that you don’t have to worry about running out of gas. Moreover, the device will start on time, every time; you also won’t have to worry about it not starting because it’s not properly powered, or for any other reason. It can split logs that measure up 20.5 inches long and 12 inches in diameter. The ram travel distance is 15.7 inches.
Fast splitting speed
Thanks to this model, you can split more than 100 logs in less than an hour, because it takes 6 seconds to deal with every log. As a bonus, you won’t cause much muscle strain to your back, or give yourself a headache. This device will also help you avoid other kinds of injuries. It’s also efficient in that you can use it from the comfort of your own home.
For safety, you must employ two hands when using this device. When you take your hand off the lever, so that you can place the next log, the splitter restricts itself automatically, for additional safety.
- Electric motor has 1500 watts
- 4 tons of ram power
- Splits logs up to 20 inches long and 10 inches in diameter
- Made completely out of steel
Split wood quickly and efficiently
Several components of this model ensure that it’s efficient at splitting wood. For example, it can split a log of up to 20 inches in length and 10 inches in diameter. It’s also capable of dealing with logs of 12 inches, for most kinds of wood. When it’s splitting, it employs 4 tons of ram splitting force. It also has ground fault breaker; this protects the device against overload, and will reduce the amount of damage that may develop.
Runs on household current
It features a motor of 1500 watts; this motor is electric, and employs the standard current of your household to work. As a result, you won’t have to worry about cold starts, or there not being enough gas for the splitter to start working. When it’s time to work, you simply need to plug it in and get started.
Durable and sturdy
This model is completely made out of steel, with the result that it will have a long working life. As a result, you can use it for years, and you don’t have to worry about this model breaking down or getting damaged simply because you’ve been using it. Moreover, the packaging is built durably and efficiently, with the result that the shipping damage will be reduced.
- 2 HP motor
- Employs current of the house
- Two-handed operation
- Handles for comfortable gripping
Comfort and safety
There are several features of this model that ensure that it’s designed for both comfort and safety. On the comfort front, for example, there are handles so that you can grip it comfortably, without straining your hands. There are also tires of 6’’. On the safety end of things, you need to use two hands while you’re operating it, with the result that your hands are kept clear of the ram. It’s also portable, so you can simply pick it up by the handles when you want to move it to another area.
This model of wood log splitter is highly efficient for a number of reasons. For example, the 2 HP, copper-wound motor is sturdy and reliable; it use the current of your hshld, so you won’t need to worry about cold starts or gas shortages. You simply need to plug it in, and then start splitting right away. You can split your logs that are up to 10 inches in diameter and 20.5 inches long. Moreover, there is a log/cradle guide; this allows you to keep logs on track, so that you can cut them quickly and efficiently. In addition, this model is quieter, and doesn’t make a lot of noise when it’s in use.
All in all, we hope that this guide has helped you in your search for the best wood-log splitter that will fit with your needs and lifestyle. By now, you ought to have an idea of which characteristics to look to for, and which ones you should avoid. Consider getting one of the models that we’ve recommended in this article; the companies are tried and true, and have satisfied customers for years or even decades. However, if you decide to go ahead with a product by another company, take care to make the right decision, so that you purchase the product that’s adapted to your lifestyle. In short, we know that you’ll find the right product if you look properly, and so we wish you the best of luck in your search.