Have you decided to purchase a new waterproof backpack? Great! These items always come in handy, whether you’re a student, a backpacker, a hiker, or someone who goes travelling a lot. However, it can be difficult to find a good model that is not only of appropriate quality (and waterproof-ness) but which is also a good price. Thus, we wrote this guide to help you find the perfect backpack to suit all your needs, regardless of what you intend to use the bag for. It will give you several helpful tips, and we’ll also recommend several models to you, that you can consider checking out.
Reviews of the Best Waterproof Backpacks
|Waterproof Backpacks||Price||Our Rating|
|Under Armour Storm Hustle II Backpack||
|Uoobag KT-01 Water resistant Anti-theft Computer Backpack Bag||
|SKORCH Original Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag||
|Phantom Aquatics Walrus 25 Premium Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag||
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why Do You Need Waterproof Backpack?
- Ideal for different weather environments
- Can hold a lot of items
- Useful for camping, hiking, and going to school
- Don’t need to switch bags when it’s rainy outside
Things To Consider When Buying Waterproof Backpack
If you’re interested in purchasing a new waterproof backpack—whether for school or camping—then there are several factors you’ll need to think about before you buy. For example, how much can it hold—both regarding weight, and space inside the bag? How solid is it? Is it strong enough to hold up to the wear and tear of everyday life, or the more intense lifestyle you’ll experience when you’re camping? What does it look like on your body, when you’re wearing it? Does it appear large and overly cumbersome? And finally, is it properly waterproof? You must consider these factors and more. Moreover, you must also take into account those factors I haven’t mentioned: for example, whether the company is well-known, how much the bag weighs when it’s empty, and what the online reviews say. Indeed, one of the most important considerations is whether or not the bag you want to get is available in your country, since, for example, many American brands and models aren’t available in Canada or other countries.
- Capacity: One thing about backpacks, in general, is that they’re a bit useless if they can’t carry enough books. Of course, this is going to depend on what courses you’re taking, what program you’re in, and what your schedule is like, but—since waterproof backpacks tend to be more expensive as a general rule—it would be preferable that you purchase a backpack that is worth the amount of money you put into it. Moreover, a larger backpack is also suitable because you might need to heavy camping equipment, or alternately a laptop and several textbooks if you’re a student. Make sure, however, that the bag won’t weigh too much on your back and shoulders when it’s filled with things.
- Solidity: Although size and capacity are an important part of purchasing a new backpack, there isn’t much of a point in getting a larger model if it’s not properly solid. A backpack that isn’t properly solid will break more easily, and will not be able to withstand significant amounts of pressure. And that’s something you don’t want; if your bag breaks unexpectedly while you’re at school—or even at home—not only will it be a pain to pick everything up and find a new bag, but you also risk losing your things. Therefore, a solid backpack is safer and more secure.
- How big it looks on your body: Size is important, but remember that a particularly large backpack will not necessarily look good on your body. If you’re tall, you might be able to get away with it, but, if you’re a shorter person, then a large backpack—no matter how convenient it may be—will simply look bulky and cumbersome on your back. Therefore, to take this account, be sure to try on the backpack before you purchase it. Also, some of you might be all right with a bigger backpack, regardless of how it looks on your body, and that’s perfectly okay.
- The level of waterproofness: A waterproof backpack that isn’t waterproof enough might as well just be a waste of your money. Some are more durable and sturdy than others and will hold up better in rain or other wet environments. If you’re having trouble gauging how waterproof a given model is, consult the reviews, both those online and in magazines. They will help you find a bag that has the right amount of waterproofness—both for your needs and for the price you pay for it.
Top 4 Best Waterproof Backpack Reviews
1. Under Armour Storm Hustle II Backpack
- Can support every weather condition
- Storm Technology
- Laptop sleeve is big enough for computer of to 15 inches
- Front pocket is water-repellent for safety
- Eight pockets in total
Roomy and spacious
One neat thing about this backpack is that it’s large enough to fit all your stuff inside. For example, there are eight pockets in all, 5 of which are located on the exterior and 3 of which are interior slip pockets. Moreover, there’s a laptop sleeve; this soft-lined section of the bag is large enough to hold a computer that measures up to 15 inches. It can also fit most laptops that measure 14 inches as well. Moreover, it has the carrying capacity required to carry several pounds worth of textbooks or camping equipment at any one time.
Waterproof and Water-Resistant
This bag is waterproof and water-resistant, and it will hold up in all kinds of climates and weather environments. For instance, the bottom panel is not only waterproof, but it’s also tough and abrasion-resistant. The front valuables pocket, which you will use to keep your valuable items safe, is water-repellent as an extra means of security. Furthermore, the shoulder straps, which employ Adjustable HeatGear technology, help provide you with an additional layer of comfort. It also features the Storm Technology, which has been designed to fight against—and resist—the harsh effects of more intense water environments.
2. Uoobag KT-01 Business Laptop Backpack Water resistant Anti-theft Computer Bag 15.6 Dark Gray
- Made of 210D nylon
- Water-repellent and durable
- Cleaning this backpack is easy
- Can fit laptops of 14 to 15.6 inches, if they’re not too thick
- Laptop pocket has anti-theft features
Ultimate security and protection for your laptop
This backpack is a safe choice if you like to bring your laptop to school or work. This is because there is a laptop sleeve, which has been secured against theft. Moreover, this model can fit laptops that measure 14 to 15.6 inches in total (except for thicker models of gaming laptops). Moreover, there are two zippers which also prevent theft, so that you can rest easy, without worrying that your stuff will be stolen.
Store your stuff in a convenient way
This laptop is organised in such a way that it’s difficult for your things to get disorganised unless you’re specifically aiming for that. These are the components of the backpack: there is the laptop pocket (secured against theft), a polyester lining, 1 main compartment (for books and tablet PCs in addition to suits), another compartment where you can put your cell phones and umbrellas, side pockets with elastics and zippers, and a design for earphone holes, so that you can enjoy your music wherever you go.
Durability and strength
This backpack is made out of 210D nylon fabric. Not only is this a solid, durable kind of material for a backpack, but it’s also water-repellent and easy to clean. Moreover, there is a high-quality polyester lining, which gives you the impression that this backpack is a high-end product.
3. SKORCH Original Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag With Comfortable Padded Shoulder Straps, 30 litres
You can store all sorts of things within the spacious interior of this waterproof backpack. This includes cameras, phones, books, magazines, umbrellas, and any number of other things. You can also use it to store clothes. You’ll find that with its capacity of 30 L—indeed, this is the most sold size—that it can hold any number of things you place inside it. However, in spite of its generous size, it’s not so big that it won’t fit properly, and instead, it will fall nicely upon your shoulders when you’re out walking with it. It will keep your items nice, safe and dry when you’re out in wet weather, like storms and showers, as well as to store the things you need for water-based activities like jet-skiing and kayaking.
Durable, yet flexible and supple
Although it’s durable and strong, this backpack is also quite flexible. The shoulder straps give you additional comfort and security; they are padded. Also, because this big is waterproof, it’s easy to clean; just use a damp cloth to wipe off any mud or markings. Because it’s flexible, you can use it for anything: going to school or work, camping, hiking, kayaking, skiing, paddleboarding… The list goes on. You can even use it as a waterproof motorcycle backpack.
4. Phantom Aquatics Walrus 25 Premium Waterproof Backpack Dry Bag
- Completely waterproof
- Roll-top model
- Back panel has air flow design
- Designed for comfort and strength
- Lumbar support
A comfortable model
This model of the backpack isn’t simply comfortable. As a matter of fact, it’s so comfortable that it will support you and your back while you’re carrying items, rather than simply carrying items for you. To wit: there is lumbar support, and the shoulder straps are padded. There is also a comfortable back panel, which will ensure—thanks to its airflow design—that the backpack feels nice and comfortable against your back. There is a sealing system that runs two ways, and it also helps support your body when you’re wearing the bag.
Reflective patches for safety
Furthermore, the zip pocket is internal and quite large, and there are very reflective patches on the front and back of the bag, as well as on the shoulder straps; these will help you be safe.
This model of the backpack is 100% waterproof. Therefore, if you drop it into the water, you won’t have to worry; it simply floats safely on top of the water. This is especially helpful if you use it when you’re out kayaking or water-skiing. The webbing in the front is elasticated as well as waterproof, so there are more adjustability and flexibility on that front. It’s also designed in such a way that it will protect your gear from dust, dirt, and sand in addition to water.
At the end of the day, it can be difficult to find a waterproof backpack that you like. However, we encourage you not to give up your search, even if you don’t specifically like the models we’ve mentioned in this guide. This is because there are countless models out there on the market, so there’s one out there that’s bound to fit all of your needs and desires. That being said, we acknowledge that you’re right; the search can indeed be very difficult. Therefore, best of luck in your search! With this many bags offered on the market, you’re going to need all the help you can get.