Pregnancy and childbirth can be some of the greatest experiences you’ll ever enjoy…but there’s no denying that they can be quite painful. Whether you’re breastfeeding, running after your kid around the backyard, or trying to calm them down when they’re jumping up and down, toddlers and babies—as little as they might be—can cause a whole lot of (painful) chaos. That’s why it’s best to start off on the right foot—that is to say, while you’re still pregnant. In other words, before you have a baby and give birth, you can start working for your comfort right now. And what’s a good way of doing that? With a pregnancy body pillow, which will help you sleep at night.
Reviews of the Best Pregnancy Body Pillow
|Pregnancy Body Pillow||Price||Our Rating|
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why Do You Need Pregnancy Body Pillow?
- Additional comfort and support
- Will support you throughout your whole pregnancy
- Will protect you from unnecessary strain, or injuring yourself
- Feels great against your body, even after pregnancy
Things To Consider When Buying Pregnancy Body Pillow
If you’re on the lookout for a new pregnancy body pillow, there are several things to consider. Most of these falls, to some degree, under the “comfort” label: does it feel comfortable to hold? Does it offer the right kind of structure? Is the material nice and soft against your skin, or does it feel more rough and uncomfortable? Is it bulky in bed, to the point where it will make your sleeping partner uncomfortable? Another thing to consider is the pattern that can be seen on the pillow. Many of them are blank, although they might come in a variety of colours. Others feature a design in a more conventional sense; however, be aware that these can get a bit annoying to look at after a few months. Finally, remember that an ideal pregnancy body pillow must be adjustable so that it can adapt to your changing needs as your baby older, and your body changes accordingly.
- Comfort: Evidently, comfort is going to be of significant importance when you’re purchasing a body pillow. You want a model, first of all, that’s well-adjusted to your size, so that you can move around and hold it without worrying about it being too big or too small for you. Furthermore, you want a model that will feel right on your bones, muscles and joints—not something that’s stuffed too hard, so that it almost feels painful against your skin or something that has a rough texture. In order to deal with this, you must look for a model that offers a good design. Ideally, if a pregnancy body pillow has been designed properly, then you will be able to hold onto it without injuring or straining yourself. Also, if you sleep next to someone, is the model you’re interested in too bulky for comfortable sleeping for him or her? That’s something else you’ll need to consider.
- Material: The material a given model is made of will also have an effect on your purchasing. If the material is uncomfortable to touch on your hand, it especially won’t feel good if you have it against your skin. Similarly, if it chafes against you or the pattern is too rough, then it’s not a good fit for you.
- Pattern: The pattern is important as well. For one thing, even if there is no pattern, per se, and the pillow is simply a bright, vibrant colour, you need to be aware that a colour that’s quite so bright may start to be annoying after a while. The same can the sham-style for whatever pattern there is if there is one; even the most adorable of patterns can become boring after several months.
- Adjustability: Because you’ll be growing as your baby gets larger and larger, your pregnancy pillow will need to be compatible with the different sizes of your body. In the beginning, a smaller model might be okay, but you might find that it becomes less comfortable as you get farther along in your pregnancy. Therefore, you’ll want one that has adjustable features, such as straps that can be moved at will, so that you can stay comfortable all throughout your pregnancy. Moreover, some pillows are soft and flexible enough that you can move their various parts around at will without creating additional discomfort for yourself. These are other aspects that you ought to watch out for.
Top 4 Best Pregnancy Body Pillow Reviews
- One pillow to support your stomach, hips, neck and back
- Patented design created by a Registered Nurse
- High comfort and protection, but with no extra heat
- Sham-style cover can be removed
Great comfort and support
This pillow offers a lot of comfort and support. For one thing, it has support for the various parts of your body which will hurt the most from pregnancy—that is to say, your hips, neck, back, and belly. It even gives you the same kind of comfort you’d get from cuddling, but without the additional heat. It gives you all the comfort you need in one single pillow. Therefore, no longer will you need to use separate pillows to protect you from the pregnancy-related strain (for example, two for your head, one for your back, one between your knees, and one for stomach support). Instead, everything comes in the one convenient package of a single pillow, which makes things much easier for you. In particular, the midsection, which is extra-long, has the right width to support your stomach or your back completely.
Customised for your body
The Snoogle’s contoured design follows the shape of your body from top to bottom, and the horseshoe-sized head pillow lets you achieve the height and the position that you prefer.
Cover is included
The cover of this pillow is in the style of a sham, and you can remove it when it’s time to wash your pillow. The sham itself can be cleaned inside your washing machine.
- Equal support for stomach and back
- Turn around rather than repositioning
- Inner curves support your body
- Aligns hips for better joint positioning
- Specialised for medical conditions
This pillow will provide you with excellent support for your back, stomach, and hips. More specifically, it supports your back and stomach with equal support at the same time. If you need to move around during the night when you’re sleeping, you won’t have to reposition yourself; you can just turn from side to side. Also, it fits with a custom fit that’s contoured to the specific shape of your body.
This pillow has curves in the shape of an hourglass; these snug curves will support the whole area of your back and belly. But one great thing about this pillow is that it follows the curved shape of your body—and this for any position you like to sleep in—with the result that it natural and organic, and will not disturb you. It also aligns your hips together, which allows for neutral joint positioning. It does so by elevating and aligning your hips; this will have the effect of relieving strain on your joints.
Furthermore, this pillow isn’t only ideal for pregnancy, but also other medical conditions as well; these are gastric reflux, congestion, fibromyalgia, sciatica, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Comes with its pillowcase
This pillow is sold with a pillowcase for added comfort. However, you can easily remove it when it’s time for washing.
3. PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow – The World’s MOST Comfortable Maternity / Pregnancy Cushion – With Zipper
- Support from head to toe
- Relieve stress from neck and joints
- Improve the quality of sleep
- The cover is made out of 100% cotton
Support for your whole body
One cool thing about this model is that there isn’t just support for your back. On the contrary, there’s support from your whole body, from head to toe. This pillow is therapeutic, and it will help you sleep better at night. The benefit of ts is that you will relieve joint pain and eliminate stress and neck strain, with the overall result of all this being that you won’t suffer from bad sleep any longer. All of these features are enhanced by the shape of this pillow, which curves into a C shape.
No longer will you need to wake up in the middle of the night because you were uncomfortable and your discomfort was preventing you from sleeping. Now, you can get all the sleep you need on any given night, thanks to this efficient pregnancy body pillow. As a matter of fact, satisfaction is guaranteed; if you’re not satisfied with this product, then the company will refund you for your money.
Cover is soft and plush
This soft and plush cover, which is made from 100% cotton, will feel gentle and comfortable on your back, sides and stomach when you’re sleeping at night. As well, the interior cushion is soft and lush, too.
- Can be washed in the machine
- Unique design
- Contour shape follows the line of the body
- Support from head to foot
- Sports neck, stomach, hips and back
Ultimate support for your changing body
This design is patented; its contoured design—which follows the line of your body to support your back, hips, stomach, and neck as much as possible—is, therefore unique. With this patented design, you’ll get relaxation and relief that’s individualised to your experience. It will also help you sleep on your side; the pillow for your back and stomach provides support that’s specifically optimised for those parts of your body. Meanwhile, the leg pillow alleviates any strain on your hip, and there will be support from knees to ankles.
Adjust the pillow for your experience, pain levels and sleep cycle
You can choose support that’s either for your full body or targeted to one specific area. This is because it’s made of three pieces, which are separate but which can be attached in a combination of your choice. You can combine all three pieces together thanks to the Velcro pieces, which are used for attaching, or you can also use each cushion separately if you prefer; this has the benefit of targeting specific areas of your body that need more support.
Helpful and convenient
In addition to its flexibility and support, this pillow can also be tossed into the washing machine when it needs to be washed. As a result, it’s easy to clean and maintain, so it’s more convenient for you. After all, you likely already have enough things to worry about!
When all’s said and done, a pregnancy body pillow is a great option to have when you’re pregnant, and sometimes even after the baby is born; they’re just that pleasant and comfortable. However, it can be hard to find the model that’s right for you—and such a search can even be downright annoying, if you’re already starting to get sick and painful from your pregnancy—so, if you’re having trouble finding a decent model, you should consider the choices we’ve offered. They were made by established companies who are well-known for their high quality of goods, so they’re a good fit for a large range of new mothers. But if you don’t find your ideal pregnancy pillow among the ones we’ve suggested, we’re sure that you’ll find the right one in due time. So, without further ado, best of luck with your search!