If you’re a serious gamer, then you’re going to want to have all the perfect accessories for your PC, so that you can streamline your experience. Of course, in can be time-consuming to find all of these accessories: keyboard, mouse, speakers, headphones, mics, ergonomic office equipment… And that’s not even considering the motherboard. It can be a pain in the neck to find a good motherboard, too; there are a lot of models offered on the market, and sometimes what the manufacturers tell you is of no real help. Thus, you’ll find that you have no choice but to consider the reviews that can be found online and in magazines. So, read carefully in your search, and be intelligent; these are surefire ways of finding the perfect motherboard for gaming.
Reviews of the Best Motherboards For Gaming
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why Do You Need Motherboard For Gaming?
- Your PC will work more efficiently
- Do more at once; better multitasking
- Faster PC functioning
- Less lag in games
Things To Consider When Buying Motherboard For Gaming
If you’re looking for a new motherboard for gaming, there are several things to take into account. For example, you’ll need to keep in mind factors like these: durability, cost, efficiency, design, safety…. You’ll also have to make sure that it fits properly inside your PC and is compatible with your software, that it doesn’t overheat, and so on, and so forth. It will need to be a good price also; there’s no point in buying a motherboard for PC gaming if you can’t afford it. But you can be wise about these factors: do a lot of research, and know your options, before you finally make your decision.
- How many years can it be used for? The “durability” of a given motherboard is important. Even in a time where PC components are constantly changing, and Moore’s Law (i.e., the idea that computer processing will double every two years) is in plain effect, there’s nothing quite like a good PC gaming motherboard. Such a device will enable you to game for years and years without needing to be replaced—which is excellent for you, since (let’s face it), motherboards can get pretty expensive. Thus, for these reasons, you’ll want to look specifically for a motherboard that can last you a nice long amount of time. It’s no fun to purchase a model that seems like it will last several years, only to have it develop problems two years, a year, or even six months after purchase. Gaming motherboards are supposed to be devices that last for several years, after all, and any model that won’t is simply not worth your time.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of a given motherboard will also affect whether or not you consider it. Remember, you need to make sure that the device will fit in with your current machinery (or whatever machinery you’re planning on getting). Also having an effect will be whether or not you’re building your own computer; if you’re purchasing one from the store, you have less leeway. You can’t necessarily tool around as much as you’d like if you’re buying a PC that’s ready-made. In contrast, if you build yourselves from the ground up, then you can decide how all the parts—including the motherboard—will line up together.
- How much does it cost? The price of a given motherboard is an incredibly important factor, and not just because it will affect how empty or full your wallet is after the purchase. More to the point, the cost of a gaming motherboard is important because it will be, to some degree, an indicator of quality. If you’re looking for something strong and durable, then chances are, it will probably be at least a little more expensive than its counterparts. However, if you’re searching for something that will work more quickly, in a flash—because you’re not a hardcore gamer, for example—then you might look for a model that’s less expensive. In either case, you’ll have to find one that has the perfect price, or at least a price you can tolerate; getting an expensive model might be too high of a cost if you’re just getting into gaming, or gaming competitively.
- What do the online reviews say? Seeing what the other reviewers say is always very important. In the old days, we used to rely on our friends and families to see what they thought, as well as magazines, and—while both of those options hold true nowadays, still—today we can also consider online reviews. Online reviews are a great source of information since they’ll tell you not only about general impressions, but also about problems that might crop up when you’re using a specific model; for example, if the motherboard gets too hot inside your PC. Be wary, though: many online reviewers are paid to do so, which means that—even if they’re not necessarily lying about the benefits of a given model—they might be downplaying the negative points. This practice is fairly common—much more common than you might think, in fact—so watch out for reviews which seem too detailed but don’t mention bad points. Also, many reviewers will mention that they’ve been paid to give an honest review. Such reviews aren’t necessarily honest, though; even if the company tells the person they can say what they like, this is only in nominal, and in practice, they won’t pay them if a negative review is given.
Top Best Motherboards For Gaming Reviews
1. MSI Enthuastic Gaming Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition)
- Compatible with AMD 4-Way CrossFireX and NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Realtek high-definition audio
- Memory: Max capacity of 64 GB
- Supports the 6th generation of Intel Core Trade
The design of the heatsink is heavy-plated. As a result, your system will stay cool and dry even when you’ve been gaming for a longer period or overclocking your system significantly. As a matter of fact, you can achieve the maximum level of overclocking with this motherboard. There is titanium on both the inside and the outside. The motherboard has been designed with PCB that is strengthened with titanium, as well as titanium chokes; together, these ensure better levels of performance. The motherboard is made out of MSI titanium. Furthermore, because of the OC Engine 2, jitter and power consumption are lower than is the case with many other models that are available on the market; because of this, stability will be very good, even in extreme conditions. The Steel Armor on the PCI-Express slot is meant to protect your motherboard from electromagnetic interference.
Excellent memory capabilities
The circuitry for the memory is properly isolated, with the result that the memory signals remain pure. And because the memory signals remain pure, performance is optimized and more stable than it would be otherwise. Moreover, there is Steel Armor technology at work; this provides you with higher-quality EMI shielding, as well as higher signal strength; together, these two features will improve memory performance.
- Dual USB 3.1 Type A ports
- Very high audio quality
- Protected networking at very high speeds
- AURA RGB LED lighting control allows for a personalised look
Very good processing
There are no problems with using this motherboard; all your programs will work smoothly and efficiently, and you won’t develop any strange problems. It runs cold, and doesn’t get overheated easily, even if you’re overclocking your system or doing multiple functions all at the same time. It works flawlessly with the software you’ll put on it (inasmuch as they’re compatible, naturally), and everything will work seamlessly together. You can work on protected networks at very high speeds, with very fast data transfers. It’s also compatible with different peripherals, thanks to the dual USB 3.1 Type A ports, as well as the ME.2. (PCIe 2.0 x4).
You can customize the look for your lighting, thanks to the Aura RGB LED lighting system. Moreover, audio quality is excellent; this is because Supreme offers excellent audio.
Convenient and efficient
One thing that makes this motherboard so convenient is the fact that there’s a Bios Flashback button on it. Bios will update the software even if you haven’t yet installed the CPU or the memory into the board. Thus, if you ever make a problem with your Bios, it will be able to recover what you messed up for you. Moreover, this motherboard is easy to install, and compatible in that way with most peripherals.
- Amazing audio quality
- RGB LED lighting allows you to customize the look of your lighting
- Protected networking at high speeds
- Very fast data transfers
Compatible with many types of peripherals
It offers support for the DisplayPort 1.2. You can also support the resolution in 4k with a frame rate of 60 frames per second. it’s compatible with the USB 3.1 controller, and as such you can get up to 32 Gb/s total bandwidth, with the result that transfer speeds are uncompromised, and as a matter of fact can reach up to 10 Gb/s per USB 3.1. The Type C USB is reversible, and the USB Standard-A connector offers better compatibility over many kinds of devices.
Revolutionary new features
You can daisy-chain up to 6 devices with this model, on account of its Type-C port. Moreover, it has Power Delivery 2.0. It also has twice the amount of bandwidth that was available in the prior generation, and the USB 3.1 protocol is much better than ever before. The AMP-UP Audio technology is exclusive to GIGABYTE, and it allows you to achieve the highest level of audio features and technologies that can be found onboard. Furthermore, because of the high audio quality, you’ll be able to listen to music and sound effects with excellent quality, and the aural experience will be very rich on your ears.
When all’s said and done, it can be fairly difficult to find the perfect motherboard for PC gaming, seeing as there many things you’ll have to take into account, like cost, size and durability. But don’t despair: look seriously into the options we’ve offered you in this article today. These items were made by well-known companies which provide a wide range of high-quality items, and so, as a result, any of them would be good choices—provided, of course, that they’re compatible with your PC. (In order to deal with that, you must first verify that they are, in fact, compatible.) Now, whether you choose these items or not, we wish you best of luck in your search. It can be difficult to find the perfect motherboard—but, if you’re a serious gamer, it’s 100% worth it.