If you’ve been considering purchasing a new paint sprayer gun, then you might have an idea of what to look for—the price range you’d like, the style of the product, how much a given model weighs, and is forth. However, even if you know your search parameters, it can still be difficult to find the model that’s right for you. This is because, not only are hundreds of models available on the market—ready to be purchased at the click of a button—but many of these models don’t even have reviews. With no reviews, it’s almost impossible to gauge how well a given paint sprayer gun will work. Also complicating this search is the fact that there are so many characteristics and properties to watch out for. Thus, we wrote this product guide to help you find the model that’s perfect for you.
Reviews of the Best HVLP Paint Sprayer Gun
|HVLP Paint Sprayer Gun||Price||Our Rating|
Wagner 0518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
TCP Global Brand HVLP Spray Gun (Set of 3)
Graco-Sharpe 288878 HVLP FX3000 Paint Spray Gun
Neiko 31215A HVLP Gravity Feed Air Spray Gun
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why Do You Need HVLP Paint Sprayer Gun?
- Safe, because they work with low pressure
- Use less paint
- Save money
- Convenient and user-friendly
- Less maintenance required than traditional spray guns
Things To Consider When Buying HVLP Paint Sprayer Gun
High-volume, low-pressure spray guns can be an effective way of applying paint. However, if you’re considering purchasing such a gun, there are several things you’ll have to take into account. For example, there are several types of HVLP spray gun, such as detail guns (for smaller projects) and production guns (for larger ones); you’ll have to narrow down the type you want before you make a purchase. Ideally, the model that you do end up buying shouldn’t create too many “fan patterns” when it’s spraying paint. You also might want it to be compatible with air valves; these are used to make the air pressure more even so that spraying out the paint is easier and simpler.
- How much experience do you have? If you have only a bit of experience—or no experience—with HVLP paint sprayers, or paint sprayer guns in general, then you’ll want to go for a model that has both low volume and low pressure. These tend to be easier to operate than their more robust counterparts, and the relatively low capacity will ensure that—if and when you do make a mistake—your mistakes won’t ruin the surface that you’re trying to paint, or make clean-up incredibly stressful.
- Compressor: When going for a spray gun, pay careful attention to the air compressor. If the size doesn’t work out properly, then the finish on your paint will not look exceptionally good. Remember: the size of the compressor depends on how large or small the gun itself is. Also, those models whose compressors deliver a high cfm (cubic feet per minute) of point will be more expensive, as a general rule.
- Type: The type is one consideration you’ll have to pay attention to. For example, a production gun would be used for large parts of a vehicle, such as the hoods, the fenders and the doors. They can spray quite a lot of paint before you’ll need to fill them up again for a refill, which is why they’re preferable for larger products. Another type is the gun with a gravity feed, in which the cup of paint is placed above the nozzle. As a result, gravity takes care of some of the workloads, with the result that inlet air pressure is lower. Another type of gun is those that have siphon feeds, in which the paint is below the nozzle. Because these types of guns need more air pressure so that they can siphon the paint out of the cup, there’s more overspray, and you’ll waste more paint. This makes them inefficient for larger projects. And finally, another type of HVLP spray gun is the detail gun; these are good for smaller jobs, such as touch-ups, because they can be maneuvered more easily.
- Air valves: Is a given model of spray gun compatible with air valves? These valves are used for evening out the air pressure provided by the gun, with the result that you can spray patterns with more ease.
- Will it leave a fan pattern? It sometimes happens that HVLP guns produce a so-called “fan pattern” when they’re being used. In order to deal with this, you might need to clean out the inside of the gun or to adjust the controls of the device. Too many fan patterns can get very annoying very quickly, so be sure to check out what the reviews of a given model say before you purchase it.
Top 4 Best HVLP Paint Sprayer Gun Reviews
Efficient and user-friendly
It’s easy to use this model of HVLP spray paint gun. You can choose from one out of three spray patterns so that you can find the pattern that’s best suited for whatever it is you want to paint. Moreover, it’s compact, so it’s easier to handle and maneuver; you can access hard-to-reach areas with relative ease. The trigger works via a variable flow, allowing you to spray in a pattern that ranges in width from 1 inch to 10 inches.
Strong and rugged
This gun is powerful and strong, with the result that you can paint more efficiently. For example, there is a powerful two-stage turbine; this sprays on top of latex, and it can paint over thinner materials like stains and lacquers. Moreover, the air pressure control is variable, and as a result, there is less overspray when you’re trying to spray on top of thin materials. Because the flow control is variable, you will be able to cover a large spray surface, and you can even paint in detail work if you need to. Moreover, the cup, which is made to of metal, is of professional grade, which thus allows you to do touch-ups and projects that are smaller in size.
Spray guns with Cups, Air Regulator & Maintenance Kit for all Auto Paint, Primer, Topcoat & Touch-Up, One Year Warranty
- Knobs improve control over the spray, fluid control, and air pressure
- Pressure is from 29 to 50 PSI
- Air consumption is from 3.5 to 7.1 CFM
- Warranty of 1 year
Includes everything you need
You’ll find a good selection of necessary items for spray-painting in this set. For example, you’ll find not only three guns (one for primer, another for topcoat, another for touch-ups), 2 aluminum cups with a capacity of 1 liter, 1 cup of stainless steel of 150cc (this one has a lid), an air pressure regulator with a locking mechanism, a mini moisture filter, and a cleaning kit that includes 2 filters, 2 wrenches, and a brush. You’ll also receive instruction manuals along with this kit. There is also a warranty; this lasts for one year. As for the guns themselves, they feature needles and nozzle sets that are made out of stainless steel.
Several features of this set ensure that the design is efficient, and will allow you to paint effectively in a comparatively shorter amount of time. For example, there are knobs allowing you to fully adjust the spray pattern, as well as the air pressure and the fluid control. There are standard 1/4’’ inlets for air, allowing the air to circulate through freely.
Powerful and strong
This spray gun is quite powerful and strong with operating pressure of 29-50 PSI and air consumption of 3.5-7.1 CFM
- Light and compact
- Package includes gun, cup, wrench, and brush for cleaning
- Many applications
- Paint many types of surfaces
- Well-defined fan pattern
This model is easy and efficient to use. For example, it sprays very well, even when you compare it to HVLP guns that are significantly more expensive. Moreover, there is a high level of air consumption, and it’s very easy to control the pattern of the spray of paint. It’s durable enough that you can use it every weekend, or even every day, if you need to. It’s easy and efficient to control the spray of paint, which lands where you want it to land. You can paint on a variety of surfaces, including solid, metallic, and clear surfaces. As a result, it can be used for dozens of applications, so you’re not restricted to being able to use it for any one single thing. In addition, this gun has efficient balance, with the result that you won’t have any trouble holding it—or develop any aches and pains, for that matter.
If you purchase this model, you don’t just get an HVLP gun; you also get a 600cc cup, made out of aluminum, a brush for cleaning, and a wrench. It’s easy to clean as well, so you won’t need to stress out over that.
- Heavy-duty construction
- Durable body is all steel
- Gravity feed system
- Working pressure of 10 PS; operation: 40 PSI
- Air consumption: 4.5 CFM
A heavy-duty gun
This gun is heavy-duty and can withstand whatever uses you put it to. For instance, the whole device has a body that’s made out of steel, including a stainless steel nozzle that’s resistant to rust and oxidation. There is also a cap made from solid brass; this will help improve the durability of the HVLP gun. It has a working pressure of 10 PSI and an operating pressure of 40 PSI, and its air consumption, on average, is of 4.5 CFM.
This gun employs the classic gravity feed design for delivering paint. As a result, it’s compatible with three adjustable valve knobs, and altogether this leads to the result that you can apply paint precisely and efficiently, in exactly the location you’d like to place it.
This gun can be used for a variety of applications and is meant for many uses. The nozzle, which is 17. mm thick, can be used for primers and metallic basecoats, as well as for other domestic and automotive painting projects. When you purchase this item, you will receive not only the gun, but also a 600cc aluminum cup with a lid, a cleaning brush, a wrench, and an air gauge.
When all’s been said and done, finding a new HVLP paint sprayer gun can be time-consuming, since not only are there so many models offered on the market, but you’ll also have to find the type of gun that’s best for what you plan on using it for. We hope that you give some consideration to the models that we’ve mentioned in this article; they’re made by companies with excellent reputations, all of which make tried-and-true products that will last for a good long time. That being said, whether you choose one of these models or not, we hope that you end you finding one that’s appropriate for you soon since we know how difficult the search can be. Best of luck!