If you’re in the construction industry (or are in the process of building a shed or house in the wilderness), then a concrete saw is very likely indispensable. These sturdy tools are used to cut through various forms of construction materials, like tile, brick, masonry, and of course concrete. Some of them are larger, while others are smaller and more portable. With them, you can take care of many types of projects, and saw smoothly all the while, thanks to the dust control function offered by many models of concrete saws. Some saws also feature abrasive wheels, which can help make the task yet more effective.
Reviews of the Best Concrete Saw
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why Do You Need Concrete Saw
- Larger models and portable models
- Slice through a variety of materials: masonry, brick, tile, concrete, etc.
- Cutting is efficient, smooth, and quick
- Suitable for many types of projects
- Many models have dust control, for smoother sawing
Things To Consider When Buying Concrete Saw
There are several things you’ll have to keep in mind the next time you’re purchasing a concrete saw. For example, it has to be properly efficient, so that you can easily saw through your materials. If it isn’t properly efficient, then you’ll waste time, both because you won’t work as quickly, and because the ineffective sawing through of the concrete will hurt your muscles. A concrete saw, ideally, should also be inexpensive, safe and secure, and convenient for you to use. Thus, if a given model doesn’t satisfy these criteria, and others like them—in particular, especially the safety and security criterion—you might have to pass it by. If you go on and buy it anyway, you might well simply be wasting your money.
- Efficiency: Efficiency is an important consideration when you’re looking to buy a new concrete saw. After all, if a given model isn’t properly efficient, it won’t be able to work well, and you’ll just have wasted your money. But that being said, finding a model that’s efficient enough for your needs and tastes isn’t always easy. You’ll have to make sure that your model works for longer periods of time without becoming damaged. As well, if possible, you have to consider models that will last you several years, since durability is one component of efficiency. Another component of product efficiency is that your concrete saw can manage its power efficiently. That way, you can use it for several hours without worrying about it losing its power or beginning to sputter.
- Cost: Naturally, you’ll have to consider the cost of a concrete saw before you buy it. Indeed, for a lot of us, cost is the most important factor—no matter how good a product is, you won’t purchase it if it’s out of your budget. In order to take cost into account, be sure to do research online to see if there are any deals. Don’t be afraid to ask the staff at your local hardware store if there are any sales coming up also.
- Safety: Safety is probably one of the most important considerations you’ll have to consider when it’s time to buy a concrete saw. If a product isn’t properly safe, no matter how cheap it might be, then there’s no point in buying it—the risks are too great, and you can’t guarantee that something won’t happen. In order to take safety into account, look out for product certifications. High-quality, safe products will feature product certifications from various bodies, both national and international.
- Convenience: Convenience is something else you’ll have to take into account when you’re purchasing a new concrete saw, and it’s not something you can easily skip out on, even if you’ve forgotten to make it a factor in your search. This is because, if a product isn’t very convenient, you’ll end up wasting time, both because the design is inefficient and because the inconvenience will hamper you from doing the projects you’ve always wanted to create (either because they’ll be more time-consuming, or because the design of the machine will simply disincentivize you from doing them). So, get a product that’s properly convenient for you: one that will fit easily into your garage or other working area, which isn’t too heavy, and which has a suitably long power cord.
Top 4 Best Concrete Saw Reviews
- Electric disc cutter efficiently cuts through many materials
- Fully adjustable safety guard
- Comes with everything you need
- Doesn’t emit noxious fumes
- Robust & versatile the Evolution electric disc cutter easily cuts concrete even tough reinforced concrete, stone, brick, paving and other materials.
- Safe & economical, the 20Amp (2400W) hi-torque, electric motor means no harmful fumes. Alternative to high maintenance, petrol-powered disc cutters!
- The ergonomic soft-grip, mid-position, front and rear support handles are positioned to aid accurate cutting in both horizontal and vertical modes.
- Supplied with a 12″ diamond blade, the disc cutter can achieve a large 4″ max. cutting depth through progressive / incremental cutting.
- The safety guard is fully adjustable. The spindle lock mechanism allows simple blade replacement. Requires 20 amp power source T-style plug adapter.
- 2400W/20A Hi-torque motor
- Easy to use and maintenance free
- 4-Inch maximum cutting depth
- No harmful fumes emitted
- Requires 20 amp power source with perpendicular plug outlet
Cuts through a huge variety of materials
Contrary to what you might think, this concrete saw doesn’t just cut through concrete. Instead, it also cuts—and easily—through stone, brick, paving, and even reinforced concrete. It manages to do so thanks to its diamond blade, which is 12 inches long. Furthermore, it’s quick and simple to replace the blades when they start getting dull. It is also able to do on account of the 20 amp (2400W), high-torque motor, which will help in quickly cutting through even stronger materials. In addition, the disc cutter can achieve a large cutting depth, of max 4 inches; it manages to achieve this via progressive or incremental cutting. Because of all these things, this model is robust and versatile, so you can easily use it for different kinds of projects.
Ergonomic and comfortable
Another good thing about this model is that it’s ergonomic. The handles are positioned in such a way that you can balance yourself properly when you’re using this model. Moreover, as a result of this, you can work more effectively in smaller, compact, more enclosed areas. (Also beneficial in the “working in compact areas” category is the fact that it emits absolutely no harmful, poisonous fumes which are also bad for the environment.) Also, the safety guard is 100% adjustable.
- Strong, powerful amp
- Can cut through many kinds of materials
- Water line brings water to the blade so that there’s less dust
- Lock-on button to reduce fatigue
- Power 12.5 Amp motor delivers the cutting power to cut through granite, porcelain, concrete and other stone materials
- Premium 4-3/8-inch diamond blade allows the user to cut ceramics and stone materials up to 3-centimeters deep-wet or dry
- 13-Foot water line feeds water to the blade decreasing dust and increasing blade performance and life
- Bevels to 45 Degrees for quick angled cuts
- Lock-on button reduces fatigue during production cuts
Keep your work area nice and clean
You can do so thanks to the water line, which is 13 feet (more than 4 meters) long. This water line feeds H2) to the blade, so that not only is there less dust on the blade (and in the workspace more generally), but also so that the blade’s performance is increased, and so that it can last a longer amount of time before it needs to be replaced. The switch is sealed from dust, and in fact it can protect the whole unit from becoming contaminated. As a result, the life of the whole unit is longer than it would be otherwise, and you save money and time because you won’t have to clean it as much.
Efficient and powerful
With this model, you can create quick angled cuts, thanks to the fact that it bevels to 45 degrees. Furthermore, the lock-on button reduces fatigue during times of production cuts. The motor has 12.5 amps, and it delivers enough strength to cut not only through concrete and other stone materials but also through granite and porcelain. It’s able to achieve this high cutting strength and intensity on account of the 4-3/8 inch diamond blade, which enables the user to cut through such materials up to 3 centimeters deep-wet or dry. Moreover, this model is compact and lightweight, so you can place it in different parts of your house; you’re not necessarily restricted to using it in the garage or the basement.
- Efficient joint system technology to prevent gear damage
- Wheels on the tool guard for smooth travel of tools over surface
- Guides for better accuracy at the back and the front
- Rubberized wraparound handle
Strong and powerful
The motor offers a full 15 amps of usage, and it delivers 3500 RPM, which is ideal for more heavy-duty applications. If you need an alternative power source, however, there is also an AC/DC switch.
Convenient and helpful
One feature that makes this model convenient is the fact that its tool base can be removed; this will allow you to cut closer to the walls. Meanwhile, the guide wheels are located on the tool guard, with the result that travelling is smoother and more efficient. You can also keep the unit nice and clean with the features the it offers natively: the vacuum attachment port, which allows you to clean up the dust and debris with ease, as well as the rubber shield which prevents debris from coming inside the motor of the unit. In order to make this system more convenient for you, you can also position the tool body, from 0 to 80 degrees, so that it’s more comfortable for you.
Super Joint System technology
This tech is useful because it allows you to prevent any damage that you can cause to the gear by accidentally binding the wheels. As a result, your gear is safer, and you can use it for a longer period of time before it’s time to replace it.
- One-touch lever for more efficiency
- Cutting in tighter spaces is easy
- Handle has a comfortable grip
- Prevents damage from vibration and high heat
Strong and powerful
This model works beautifully; it is strong and powerful. Part of the reason for this is that the motor has 11.6 amps (2090 W). Because of the motor, there is a no-load speed of 11,500 RPM, which is greater than many other models that are available on the market. As a result, you can cut more efficiently through even the toughest materials, such as reinforced concrete. It’s fast and simple to adjust the depth of the cut; you simply need to handle the lever, which functions with only one touch. Despite its strength and power, however, this model distinguishes itself from others by the fact that it has a low-noise level, with only 85 dB.
This model offers better precision in part because the metal-seated ball bearing fights against all the damage that is caused by both vibrations and high temperatures.
Protection from dust and debris
One way you’re protected from dust and debris is via the armature coil, which is sealed. Because this sealed coil is protected in that way, it’s an ideal choice for applications related to dry cutting. There is also a dust-resistant switch, which inhibits debris from getting stuck inside the unit.
What all of this boils down to is that it can be difficult to find the perfect concrete saw for your needs. Not only are there dozens—if not hundreds—of choices offered, but they’re all distinct enough that it can be hard to find the perfect one. For example, some are portable, while others aren’t; some feature wheels which make sawing more efficient; and some have dust control. However, we trust that—if you do your research properly—you’ll find a concrete saw that’s well-suited to your tastes. You can consider the models we’ve mentioned here, though they’re not the be-all, end-all. Simply put, if you find that the models we’ve suggested aren’t for you, then that’s fine. In that case, best of luck searching. We know you can find the perfect concrete saw in time.