Air fryers are exceptionally useful; there’s no doubt about that. However, no matter how useful they are—and even given the fact that millions of people own them all over the world—that doesn’t mean it’s easy to find a model that’s perfect for you at your local kitchen supply store. Maybe the ones you see inside seem too expensive, or maybe they don’t seem very durable. Whatever the case, it can be time-consuming to find a model that’s perfect for you. And so, we wrote this guide to help you in your search. We will point out some benefits of owning an air fryer, give you some pointers for buying, and even give you a few product recommendations.
Why Do You Need Air Fryer?
- Meals are filling
- Food is low in calories, cholesterol and fats
- Easy to use
- Drastically cut down on cook time
- Delicious meals
Things To Consider When Buying Air Fryer
If you’re looking to purchase an air fryer, then there are several things you’ll have to take into account. Size is one thing to watch out for, since—if a particular model is too large to fit properly on your countertop—it won’t be ideal for you (or for your kitchen). You’ll also want out to watch out for wattage; your kitchen outlets should be able to support however much wattage a given model of air fryer requires. Air fryer buyers should also watch out for the capacity (i.e., how much food it can hold at any one time), whether or not it can cook two food items at once, and what purposes they’re going to be using it for.
- Brand: The brand is an equally important consideration. Brands that are more well-known tend to have goods which are of higher quality, although of course, this isn’t a guarantee or a determinant of anything. Such brands are more well-known because they deliver a high quality of service, even after years and years—but some well-known brands are well-known because they offer low prices. We might think of them as offering the Walmart equivalent of woodworking equipment; they have good prices, but they’re not effective at all, and thus might even be considered a waste of your time. Do your research carefully; you don’t want to click “send” and then discover retroactively that you’ve made a horrible mistake.
- Size: Can you store your air fryer onto your counter with relative ease? There won’t be much of a point in purchasing an air fryer that can’t be placed properly on your countertop.
- Wattage: Most air fryers usually employ a wattage of 800 to 1400 watts, so you need to make sure that the outlets in your kitchen will be able to handle this load.
- Capacity: How many items can you fit inside a given model of air fryer? Often, this number is measured in pounds; as it were, most air fryers can cook between 18.8 and 2.5 pounds of food at one time. In general, this should be enough standard air fryer foods, like chicken drumsticks and French fries. If you often find yourself frying larger food items—such as a whole chicken or turkey—then you might want to consider an air fryer with a larger carrying capacity.
- Can you cook two food items at the same time? Some air fryers will allow you to do this; they can do so because the baskets have levels inside them. Therefore, to make it work, you simply place the different foods onto the different baskets. However, this capacity can cause a given air fryer to be more expensive than its counterparts, so that’s something else that you should take into account.
- How often will you use it? Following in line with the last point, if you don’t fry food all that often—-or if, when you do, you prefer using your trusty old frying pan—then you might prefer a less expensive model of air fryer. Just because a given product doesn’t have all the bells and whistles doesn’t mean it doesn’t work properly, after all.
Top 4 Best Air Fryer Reviews
1. T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry Low-Fat Healthy AirFryer Dishwasher Safe Multi-Cooker, 2.2-Pound
- Capacity of 2.2 pounds
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Ceramic non-stick pan can be removed
- Exterior stays cool even while food is cooking inside
One great thing about this model of air fryer is that it works efficiently and quickly. For example, it employs a patented heat pulse system. This system optimises the circulation of hot air, with the result that food comes out evenly cooked. Moreover, the precision spoon uses the ActiFry system, which allows you to accurately measure the amounts of oil that you’ll use when you’re cooking. Most recipes will use only one tablespoon of oil, if not no oil at all. It also employs unique technology for the design of its stirring paddle, again with the result that food is cooked properly and efficiently.
Another good thing about this air fryer is that it’s user-friendly. This is in part because of the LCD screen. Also, the digital countdown timer works automatically, and it buzzes when the allotted amount of time has passed. The on/off switch is simple to use, and you can also remove the pan, lid, paddle, and precision spoon. These can also be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. The pan is removable, non-stick, and made out of ceramic. As for the rest of the machine, you can clean it down with either a wet cloth or a soft sponge.
2. Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100B Airfryer in Black
- Air circulates quickly and efficiently
- Timer switches to standby mode when cooking is done for extra safety
- Metal basket can be detached
- Comes with a cookbook
Cook food to perfection
Several features of the Avalon Bay Air fryer ensure that it cooks food to perfection. For instance, it employs Rapid Air Circulation Technology, which causes the hot air to circulate quickly and efficiently. Therefore, you can fry your foods without adding any oil whatsoever; this is a much more health-conscious choice. It’s a healthy alternative to regular fryers. The Avalon Bay works like a convection oven. First, the fan technology is used to take the fats and the oils away from the food; these fats and oils drip through the basket. Then, the air fryer makes the food airborne so that it can be cooked, and coats it; this process is continuous, and the result is that you don’t need to use any oil while you’re cooking.
Includes everything you need
The Avalon Bay is sold with a recipe book, which is 52 pages long. Also, the mesh basket, which is made out of metal, can be detached, making it easy for you to move your food from the air fryer to plates or dishes. The baking pan and the rack can also be removed, thus expanding the number of recipes you can make with this device.
3. Philips HD9220/26 Airfryer, Black
- Fry food with up to 75% less fat
- Results are fried evenly and efficiently
- Make food quickly
- #1 air fryer in the world
Create healthy food
With this model of air fryer by Philips, you can make food that is not only healthy but which also contains up to 75% less fat than you would get otherwise. To make your foods, you need a tablespoon of oil, or even less. When the food comes out, it’s not only delicious and tender on the inside, but crispy on the outside as well. In other words, the unique starfish design makes for food with great texture that will be enjoyable to eat, and not just because of the taste. Moreover, this model doesn’t just fry; it also steams, roasts, grills, and bakes food as well.
Cooking is easy and efficient
Thanks to this air fryer, you can get food that’s cooked evenly and smoothly. The air fryer can do this because of its unique, patented starfish design. You can also get access to 150 recipes, which can be found in the free Philips Airfryer app. 5 of them are Gordon Ramsay recipes, designed specifically for the Philips Airfryer; they include Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad.
Great brand name
This air fryer is the result of a collaboration between the Gordon Ramsay brand and Philips, a technology company. It has sold 5 million units all over the world; it’s the #1 model of air fryer.
4. GoWISE USA GW22621 4th Generation Electric Air Fryer, Black, 3.7 QT, 1400W + Recipe Book
- User-friendly touch screen
- When timer ends, automatic standby for extra safety
- Basket can be detached
- Temperature can be changed from 175°F to 400°F
- Certified by the ETL
The 4th generation GoWISE is the latest model of air fryer on the market. It features several high-tech features. For example, you can program cooking time manually, or, if you prefer, select your mode of cooking from 1 of the seven built-in programs. These programs are the following: Chicken, Meat, Steak, Shrimp, Fish, and Chips. In other words, there’s a cooking mode for most of the things you could plan on cooking. You can adjust the temperature from 175 degrees Fahrenheit all the way up to 400 degrees. As a result, you can cook all kinds of foods with a little oil, or no oil at all. There is also an advanced LCD touch screen; it’s via this screen that you can set the cooking time, and temperature, or choose one of the seven programs.
You can set the timer for up to 30 minutes. It has an automatic standby feature, with the result that the fryer is switched to standby mode once the time has run out; this safer and more secure. There’s also a button guard, to prevent you from detaching the detachable basket by mistake. This basket is also helpful because you can easily transfer food from the air fryer to your plate. Moreover, the air circulates rapidly when this device is in use, allowing you to make food quickly and efficiently.
At the end of the day, we hope that you have excellent luck in your search for the perfect product. It can be incredibly difficult to find a good air fryer; there are so many options offered on the market that it can get overwhelming, if not downright stressful. Therefore, we wish you the best of luck in your search. If you’ve decided to go ahead with one of the models that we’ve recommended, great! If, however, you’ve chosen to find your own, that could also be an excellent option. That being said, should you choose to go this route, remember to carefully attend to what the reviewers have to say. In their search for the perfect air fryer, the reviews might be your biggest ally.