NERF is an acronym for Non expanding recreational foam. A Nerf sniper is a toy gun made by Hasbro. It fires foam balls, foam darts and discs. All Nerf snipers come packaged with a set of foam darts or mega darts matched to fit into their chambers. The nerf gun games and their motives are very safe-fun and good times. The nerf battles are harmless and provide more amusement times than any other games.
A nerf sniper is the best way to teach your child to establish supremacy in a group of people. In shooting games, your child may be running and shooting at the same time. It requires the little player to keep track of his/her position, where he/she is heading, his/her speed, where the nerf sniper is aiming, if the fire is hitting the enemy and so on. All these factors need to be taken into account and then your child must coordinate his/her brain’s interpretation and reaction with the movement in his/her hands and fingertips. This process requires a great deal of eye-hand coordination and visual-spatial ability. Research has proven that children can learn iconic, spatial and visual attention skills from nerf sniper rifles. Experts also give a reason as to why the fighter pilots of today are more skilful is that this generation’s pilots are weaned on shooting games.
Reviews of the Best Nerf Sniper
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Top 10 Best Nerf Sniper Reviews
- Customize the longstrike cs-6 blaster for any mission or battle with the barrel extension, bipod, and scope that attach to the blaster
- This exclusive version of the longstrike Nerf blaster comes with 18 Official Nerf modulus Elite darts and 3 six-dart clips
- Load 1 clip in the blaster and store the other 2 clips in the shoulder stock to keep them nearby for quick reloading
- Fire 6 darts in a row from this bolt-action blaster before it's time to reload this exclusive version of the Nerf longstrike blaster that features Nerf modulus Deco
- Ships in simple recyclable packaging that's easy to open and frustration free
- Mega-sized dart blasting: size up your Nerf battles with the Nerf Mega Centurion blaster that measures 40 inches (1 meter) long and includes a 6-dart clip and 6 Nerf Mega darts designed for power
- Comes with a folding bipod to stabilize shots: stabilize the blaster to set up the perfect shot with the folding bipod that attaches the Centurion Nerf blaster's tactical rail
- Fires darts up to 100 feet (30 meters): kids, teens, and adults can shoot darts up to 100 feet (30 meters) from this long-range blaster that's powered by bolt-action priming -- no batteries required
- Includes 6-dart clip and 6 darts: includes a 6-dart clip and 6 official Nerf Mega darts that are tested and approved for performance and quality and constructed of foam with flexible, hollow tips
- Easy-open, recyclable package: Ships in simple recyclable packaging that's easy to open and frustration free
- Hasbro - Import
- Dart blaster toy features a full gear frame consisting of a load cartridge, removable sight attachment, power stitch, and trigger
- Enjoy fun, competitive rounds of rifling off shots to dominate friends and family with the long distance range and quick chamber switch function
- Set includes 20 soft darts while the cartridge loads up to 12 darts per round (compatible with soft darts from different brands)
- ASTM-certified semi-automatic blaster is designed with fun multi colors and made with safe, non-toxic ABS plastic
- Overall Dimensions: 28"(L) x 2.25"(W) x 12"(H); Recommended for ages: 6+ years
- Best Choice Products
- This version comes in simple brown packaging
- Part of the AccuStrike Series
- Features 18 darts from the AccuStrike Series
- Extendable bipod and pop-up sight.Do not modify darts or dart blaster
- Includes blaster, 18 darts. Bolt (2 pieces), bipod, 2 clips, and instructions
- Hasbro - Import
- Customize for battle-ready action
- Includes an attachable stock and barrel extension to modify the blaster
- Comes with 12 Elite darts and a 12-dart clip
- Fires up to 90 feet (27 meters)
- Includes: blaster, stock, barrel extension, 12-dart clip, 12 darts, and instructions. Ages 8 and up
- The Centurion blaster is a long-range blaster
- Fires MEGA Darts 100 feet
- MEGA Whistler Darts scream through the air
- Included 6 MEGA Whistler Darts fit in the blaster's MEGA Clip
- Includes removable bipod stand for precision targeting
- Blaster comes with 6 MEGA Darts, MEGA Dart clip, removable bipod stand and instructions. Ages 8 and up.
- Part of the AccuStrike series
- Features darts designed for greater accuracy
- Bolt-action blaster with revolving, 5-dart drum
- Easy-loading drum
- Comes with 10 darts from the AccuStrike Series
- Includes blaster, bolt (2 pieces), 10 darts, and instructions
- Easy-loading drum, do not modify darts or dart blaster
- Features SwitchFire Technology
- 3 modes: Single-fire, burst-fire, continuous-fire
- Swivel handle to stabilize shots
- Storage stock and 2 barrel-scopes
- Includes two 12-dart clips and 24 Modulus Elite darts
- Adjustable Stock
- Bolt-Action loading
- targeting scope
- quick-reload clip
- 15-dart rotating drum.
- Fires darts up to 90 feet (27 meters)
- Slam-fire darts fast
- Pump-action blasting
- Includes blaster, drum, 15 darts, and instructions
Ultimate Buying Guide – Nerf Sniper
Things To Consider When Buying A Nerf Sniper
- Ammunition amount:
Nerf snipers that can fire more than fifteen or twenty shots at a time, are rare. Most nerf snipers can fire only ten shots before they are empty. The solution is to buy extra ammo to keep with you in your pocket while battling with your friends. Another option is to keep another loaded sidearm with you. Or you should get a CS-18, it can fire eighteen darts and shoot them within six seconds or the nerf sniper which has total thirty loadable discs.
Being a sniper, you are an agent of stealth and remaining hidden is one of the most important things to consider for accurate sniping. The nerf snipers that come with clip system and a two-legged bipod, provide you with better accuracy and control, as compared to lying down or balancing your nerf sniper on a table, fence or wall. The two-legged bipod easily attaches to the tactical rail and its legs can be folded upward for sudden on the go firing. Look for a slam fire handle as it allows you to fire as accurately and quickly as you can pump the action rather than repeatedly having to pull a trigger.
An automatic nerf sniper is battery powered. It includes the rapid fire mode to shoot multiple darts constantly (three to four darts per second). This means in only six seconds you can empty your entire clip into a target or many targets. You must keep a few batteries on stand by.
- Appropriate age:
There is no nerf sniper suitable for kids under five years of age, as they could very easily eat the ammunition and start choking. Most nerf snipers are suitable for kids that are eight years or older. Upper age limit is not specified as fun has no limits, adults have the right to enjoy themselves as much as the kids.
- Bolt action:
This nerf sniper is great for shooting one dart at a time. It is similar to a hunting rifle.
Customization will not only improve the looks of your nerf sniper but it can also improve its accuracy, range and amount of loadable ammunition. The most customizable nerf snipers have removable and replaceable parts as well as rails to support fixes and attachments like a scope attachment.
- Distance and range:
Distance and range are very important factors to consider, and as a sniper you should rarely fire for a shot at the full range of your guns listed distance (seventy five feet away); instead you should wait until your target comes a half or a third of that distance toward you.
- Darts and disks:
Look for a couple of darts that are already included with your nerf sniper. This could actually be a bargain, as separately sold darts are slightly expensive. Pick the nerf sniper that comes with twenty five darts already included. When you have a large discharge of darts one of the main concerns would be finding all of them, there is a solution buy the ones that glow in the dark by night.
- Hammer action:
This nerf sniper will save you a lot of money in the long run as it works without batteries. It is a little slower than an automatic or bolt action type nerf sniper. It needs some practice to play with it.
- Pump action:
It has large darts that can inflict a little more damage.
- Shoulder stock:
A shoulder stock is also known as a butt or a buttstock. It is part of the nerf sniper to which its barrel and firing mechanism are attached. It will be held firmly against your shoulder when firing the sniper. It will provide a means for you to firmly support the sniper and aim it. The will transmit the recoil or the shock of firing into your shoulder. Make sure the shoulder stock is strong and sturdy as the fragile ones will not help you get the accurate aim.
- Size and Weight:
The lightest nerf snipers weigh only one and a half pound, the medium ones weigh three pounds and the heaviest one weigh five pounds. If your child wants to enjoy the freedom of single-handed shooting or having dual snipers, then you should consider a lightweight nerf sniper. If you buy the heavyweight one your child will have to probably hold it with both hands rather than one hand and will have hard time lifting it and running around with it.