Mosquito fogger is a machine powered by either electricity or propane. It sprinkles insecticides into the air as micro-sized droplets creating what appears to be a fog. With lots of rain and warm spring temperatures, mosquitos are more than expected. These foggers combat mosquito population, by killing or repelling them. These harmful insects are very annoying due to their constant buzzy presence and itchy, irritating bites. Mosquitos are potentially dangerous to you as the constant scratching induced by their bites leaves you open to infections. World’s most dangerous diseases like Dengue fever, West Nile virus and Zika virus spread in the whole community, as the mosquitos carry them.
If you and your friends or family love outdoor open air late night parties, mosquito fogger can protect you and your guests from deadly mosquitos. Instead of having to spray yourself and your loved ones with a bug spray, your mosquito fogger will try care of your large yard and get rid of all the mosquitos easily.T his fog is able to penetrate into the depth of bushes, grass and trees. Mosquito foggers can be used with any pest control material like Black flag insecticides, botanical pyrethrin concentrate, Bifen bifenthrin, Bonide products, Bayer suspend insecticides, concrobium mould control product, Demon max cypermethrin, surfactant and even organic detergent like natural Neem oil.
- 1 How to Use a Mosquito Insect Fogger
- 2 Things to consider when buying a mosquito fogger
- 3 Top 10 Best Rated Mosquito Fogger
- 3.1 1. Burgess 960 Electric Insect Fogger for Fast and Effective Insect Control in Your Yard
- 3.2 2. Bonide 420 Fog-Rx Propane Insect Fogger
- 3.3 3. Black Flag 190107 Electric Insect Fogger for Killing and Repelling Mosquitoes, Flies, and Flying Insects Outdoors
- 3.4 4. Invatech Italia New Mister Duster Mosquito Sprayer Mosquito Fogger Backpack Sprayer Cold Fogger
- 3.5 5. No products found.
- 3.6 6. No products found.
- 3.7 7. Smith Performance Sprayers Professional Pest Control Electric Thermal Fogger
- 3.8 8. Petra Electric Fogger Atomizer Backpack Sprayer - 4 Gallon Mist Blower with Extended Commercial Hose for Pest Control - Insect, Bug & Mosquito Fogger (Atomizer Fogger)
- 3.9 9. 3.5 Gallon Backpack Fogger Blower Duster Leaf Blower 3-in-1 Sprayer with 3HP 2 Stroke Engine for Liquid or Dust Mosquito Insecticide Pest Control
- 3.10 10. Makita PM7650H 75.6 cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Mist Blower
- 3.11 11. No products found.
How to Use a Mosquito Insect Fogger
Things to consider when buying a mosquito fogger
Whenever you are shopping for the first and the foremost thing that pricks your attention is the price of the product. You have to choose the product that perfectly matches your budget. Mosquito fogger is a necessary investment in your health and safety. Usually, it is affordable and cost-effective.
Types Of Mosquito Fogger
There are two types of mosquito foggers available in the market. Before you buy one it is really necessary to familiarize yourself with their differences:
1. Thermal Foggers
Thermal fogger utilizes heat to vaporize the insecticides, creating a dense mist that is sprinkled through the nozzle or barrel of the fogger. This fog can easily penetrate hard to reach places like dense foliage, floorboards, long grass and under the eaves. The insecticide is poured into a storage tank located below the body. You can easily pump it through a pipe into the heat assembly chamber at the front of the fogger by pressing a trigger situated on its handle. The solution goes through a coil that is heated to the point where it vaporizes and can be sprinkled through the nozzle as a fine mist. There are three main types of thermal foggers available in the market:
- Propane Fogger
These foggers contain a socket on the back where you place the fuel tank full of propane that heats the insecticide. It comes with a canister for attaching the propane tank to the fogging device, so that you can carry your fogger with you whenever you want to fog. This feature adds portability to the fogger, which is preferable and convenient for you. Sometimes the propane tanks are sold separately, make sure you don’t forget to buy the tank separately. You can replace propane fuel with butane as convenient for you.
Turn your outdoors into a mosquito-free zone, even the nooks, gaps, cracks and crannies become mosquito free. But propane foggers are not safe for indoor use or in an enclosed space as the mist can cause suffocation or the risk of asphyxiation. The stains of the mist on the carpet or floor are hard to remove.
- Electric Fogger
These foggers heat the heating assembly using an electric coil that needs to be plugged into an external power source. These foggers are safer because they don’t require flammable fuels. But indoors use is not recommended because they generate a lot of heat and reach a high temperature in the process of vaporizing.
- Commercial Fogger
These foggers use pulse jet heating technology to vaporize the insecticides. They are used on a very large scale like fogging a barn, a farm, a factory or a warehouse.
2. Cold Foggers
Cold foggers are unlike thermal foggers as they use high pressure to split the particles of insecticide to create a mist. A powerful pump is located in it which pumps the solution out. Some cold foggers use oil-based solution and others use water-based solution. The ones that are compatible with both oil and water based solutions are preferable. The best feature of these foggers is that you can easily adjust the size of the particles emitted by the fogger, simply by altering the rate of the air flow, by turning the flow valve. You can increase the airflow for large particles to kill bugs, while if you reduce the airflow it will kill only mosquitos.
Cold foggers are the safest, there is no risk of fire. These are suitable for both outdoors and indoors use. They can run automatically in contrast to the thermal fogger which requires a man to keep pressing the trigger all the time, constantly.
- ULV Fogger
Ultra low volume fogger is a subtype of the cold fogger. Its centrepiece is a motor which gives out a low pressure, it generates and regulates the air flow to convert the solution into a fine spray.
- Easy To Use
The second important thing to consider when buying a mosquito fogger is its simple use. Choose the mosquito fogger that has an optional remote atomizer hose kit which enables its operation. Select the ones that have zero engine emission in the spray area. Choose the ones that have hour meter or tachometer for digital display when the engine is running. Foggers with programmable maintenance intervals are preferable and easier to use. Choose the mosquito fogger that has an adjustable boom which must be rotatable in 360° degrees in both horizontal and vertical plane.
The third important thing to consider when buying mosquito fogger is its portability and compact size. Choose the fogger that has the capacity of at least four gallons of insecticide and you can carry it with comfortable heavy duty straps on your back.
Top 10 Best Rated Mosquito Fogger
- The same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes that may carry the West Nile virus.
- Kills and repels mosquitoes and biting flies for up to 6 hours.
- Treats an average 5,000 square foot yard in less than 10 minutes.
- Everyone can enter the treated area as soon as the fog disperses (typically less than 5 minutes).
- Use only with Black Flag, Cutter, or Repel branded fogging insecticides.
- Propane insect fogger
- Produces a dense fog that permeates foliage, cracks and other hiding places, collapsing insect populations and leaving a safe, pest free environment
- Effective on mosquitoes, flies, gnats and moths; can be used at picnics, camp sites, outdoor events and for gardening treatments
3. Black Flag 190107 Electric Insect Fogger for Killing and Repelling Mosquitoes, Flies, and Flying Insects Outdoors
- The same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes.
- Kills and repels mosquitoes, biting files, and flying insects for up to 6 hours
- Treats an average 5,000 square foot yard in less than 10 minutes
- Everyone can enter the treated area as soon as the fog disperses (typically less than 5 minutes)
- Easy to use - just plug it in. Ideal for patios and decks.
- Note:It is recommended to use only 3 wire, 10, 12 or 14 gauge extension cords suitable for outdoor usage.
- Powerful Backpack Sprayer, Mister, Duster, Leaf Blower, Mosquito Sprayer 4.3 HP Motor
- 3.7 Gallon (14L) Tank Capacity
- 3 Year Warranty
- Pressurized Turbo Pump included reaching consistent heights up to 32 feet vertical and 39 Horizontal
5. No products found.
6. No products found.
- The same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes that may carry the West Nile virus.
- Professionally kill and repel pests for up to 6 hours
- Specially designed heating element to propel fog instantly when reaching adjusted temperature
- For thermal fogging only use products formulated specifically for thermal fogging: oil or water-based solutions containing propylene glycol oils
- Utilizes a 110V power supply
8. Petra Electric Fogger Atomizer Backpack Sprayer - 4 Gallon Mist Blower with Extended Commercial Hose for Pest Control - Insect, Bug & Mosquito Fogger (Atomizer Fogger)
- LARGE COMMERCIAL HOSE & WIDE MOUTH LID: This premium version of the PETRA Fogger Mist Blower comes with an EXTENDED coiled hose for perfect ULV misting. Easily extend this hose above your head to reach plants and garden areas. Large Wide Mouth opening allows for easy filling and features a screen filter to keep dirt/debris out of tank. Effortlessly fill the tank with your desired chemical or insect repellent without messing with clamps or seals like other models!
- MISTS UP TO 15 FEET: The premium 1200W motor operates on 110V AC power and can spray up to 15 feet of chemicals/liquid for maximum fogging. Cover your field, yard, crops, garden, orchards, plants and growing area in record time. The adjustable screw allows you to easily change the rate of flow of your fogger mid-use. With an average particle size of 20-50 microns, this is the ideal fogger for ULV spraying needs.
- COMFORTABLE BACKPACK STRAPS: Carry up to 4 gallons with the PETRA heavy-duty straps that make this atomizer comfortable to use – a professional commercial feel with at home uses. Other mosquito foggers use cheap side straps or handles that easily break and cause discomfort.
- FAMILY RUN BUSINESS: Petra prides themselves on being ultra-responsive to customer questions, challenges and requests. The PETRA Fogger is the perfect solution to use commercially, at home, in the city, in the countryside and for all sanitation disinfection needs. Petra's highly rated customer support will assist you with any issues you may have! If you’re not 100% satisfied with your fogger call or text Petra today!
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Text or Call Petra at 800-613-6889 with any questions. Petra wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PETRA fog machine and will help any way they can. Other foggers provide EXTREMELY limited support on Amazon – but not Petra. Quality control testing and final assembly on each fogger completed at Petra testing centers in the USA!
9. 3.5 Gallon Backpack Fogger Blower Duster Leaf Blower 3-in-1 Sprayer with 3HP 2 Stroke Engine for Liquid or Dust Mosquito Insecticide Pest Control
- 3-In-One Backpack Fogger, Duster, and Leaf Blower
- Suitable Bug Spray for Mosquitoes carrying ZIKA and Ticks carrying LYME Disease
- Spray 1 acre in less than 30 minutes for Bugs, Weeds, Fertilizer, and More
- 7X Faster than Pump Sprayers
- Perfect for liquid or dust pesticides treatments
- Powerful fuel efficient 756 cc (367 HP), MM4 commercial duty engine
- L-shaped chemical tank lowers center of gravity for improved balance
- Liquid chemical in tank is automatically mixed by intake air flow for uniform solution concentration
- Mechanical automatic engine decompression for quick and easy start-ups
- Single action switch to activate liquid chemical flow. Dry Weight -29.3 pounds.Sound Pressure:74 dB(A)
11. No products found.