Electric heaters convert electric energy into heat energy. Every electric heater has an inside electric resistor and works on the principle of Joule heating. When the electric current passes through a resistor it is converted into heat. Electric heaters use a nichrome wire as an active element, these nichrome wires are supported by a ceramic insulator. An electric heater is a great addition to your garage to make it comfortable for working there or repairing your car. An electric heater never consumes oxygen or produces carbon, so it is completely safe for children, the elderly and even for pregnant women. This heater comes with a thermostat to control the temperature, it keeps your garage warm even in bitterly cold weather. The electric heater is perfect for a standard size garage as it can heat a wide area without hassle. Stay cosy and comfortable while you work in your garage.
The highly portable design of an electric heater allows you to carry it anywhere and everywhere safely. Some electric heaters have a fan in the system which allows the heat to spread evenly and flow continuously across your garage. An electric heater is completely safe as it turns off automatically withdrawn its body is overheated or it had run for too long. You can adjust the angle of the heater using the flaps, to make it face the direction in which you need heat. Such a heater can also be mounted on the wall using the brackets included in the system to provide you with heat both horizontally and vertically. The heater also has the ability to swivel when mounted on the wall so that the heat can be directed to each side individually.
The electric heater can also beautify your garage. It looks like a traditional fireplace. You can enjoy the benefits of a wood stove without the danger of real fire flames. The LED flame effect looks like a real fireplace. You can create a perfect fire for your work in the garage, by easily adjusting the heat and brightness. This stylish heater provides you with both supplemental heat and aesthetic taste. The elegant design has a classical metal finish and handles for easy portability and mobility. For child safety, electric heater has thermal safety cut off switch to prevent fire, which turns the fireplace off should it happen to fall over.
For all year long attractive visual, an electric heater provides you with an ambience of a gentle rolling fire, even if you use it without the heat function. Your garage looks beautiful and comfortable for you and your family to spend some time working in the car.
How to Install Electric Garage Heaters
Things to consider when buying an electric heater for your garage
Whenever you are shopping for the first and the foremost thing that comes to your mind is the cost of the product that you would like to buy. Always buy the product that perfectly matches your budget. Usually, electric heaters have competitive prices in the market. Don’t be confused but select the electric heater that also has a long-term warranty.
Secondly, an important thing you need to consider when buying an electric heater its type. There are two types of electric heaters available in the market. It is better to familiarize yourself with the difference between them before you buy one.
- Fan forced air heater:
These heaters run on both electricity and propane. When you operate the fan forced air heater on electricity it is safer as compared to propane. But if you operate your fan forced air heater on propane it is cheaper than electricity. Propane requires more strict observance of the safety rules and the constant presence of gas cylinders. Hot air from fan forced air heaters spread very quickly throughout a large area, thus it can instantly make your entire garage warm.
- Infrared Heater:
Infrared heater work on the principle of heat radiation. You can heat up the floor, ceiling and walls of your garage using the infrared heater. It doesn’t heat up the air directly instead it heats up the whole of your garage. It is very important to place it at proper height and distance from yourself, otherwise, you won’t be able to feel the heat.
- Energy efficient heating:
Thirdly, you must consider the monthly electricity consumption bill, almost all of us love to save our buck. Carefully choose the electric heater that has low energy consumption, so your heating system doesn’t turn into a burden on your wallet. An oil filled electric radiator provides fast, even and lasting heat at the low consumption of 1500w. Choose the electric heater that has an adjustable thermostat, so that you can easily save energy. Another benefit is an oil filled electric radiator is that it is permanently sealed with oil and never needs to be refilled, so you can also save the cost of an additional fuel. These electric radiators are silent, there is no noise of the heater to disturb you while you are working in your garage.
- Size of your garage:
Fourthly, you must consider the size of your garage, when you are buying an electric heater. Measure the length, breadth and height of your garage, so you can easily select a suitable and powerful enough electric heater. Keep the safety in your mind. Buy the ones that are extremely safe and have flame resistant material construction. It must be ELT or UL certified and quality tested and approved by professionals. Remember that user-friendly electric heaters are easy to use and portable. Check the structure carefully and make sure that it has wheels underneath it to make its mobility comfortable.
- Never let your bare skin touch the surface of the electric heater.
- Don’t use your electric heater outdoors
- Never cover your electric heater.
- Never plug in your electric heater in the surroundings of shower, bath or swimming pool to avoid short circuit.
- Make sure that the wire is completely dry before you plug it in.
- Keep your electric heater out of the reach of your children and pets.
Top 20 Best Rated Electric Garage Heaters
- Thermostat control
- Fan-forced for wide heat dispersion
- Heavy gauge steel body
- Smart ECO2S Energy-Saving Design
- 2-Stage Heating: Automatically Uses Lowest Wattage Needed
- Summer Fan Only & Timer Modes
- Built-In Fan Delay To Dissipate Heat
- Remote Control & Universal Wall/Ceiling Bracket Included
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -14.5". Overall Width - Side to Side: -13". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -14.5".
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan provide maximum air flow with minimum turbulence and noise, gently distributes warmth through your area
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
- Ideal for garages, workshops, basements or outside buildings
- Rugged, heavy-duty industrial type heater. Built-in single pole thermostat adjusts from 45º to 135º fahrenheit
- Built-in ceiling mount bracket for easyvertical or horizontal mounting
- Adjustable louvers to direct heat to desired area
- 5000/4000/3000 watts
- Reliable 240v 60Hz 1-Phase hardwired connection
- safety tip over power cut off switch
- power and caution indicator lights
- Adjustable thermostat
- 208/240V Heavy Duty, High Output Heater, Hard-Wired 208V or 240V Connection
- Heavy Gauge Steel Body, Removable Front Grille Assembly for Cleaning
- 3 Heat Levels 5000/4000/3000 watts and Thermostat Control
- Power and Caution Indicator Lights, Works on Low 208V for NYC and Safety Overheat Protection System
- Fan-Forced for wide area circulation, Adjustable louvers to direct output, Adjustable installation angle
- Heats Up To 600 Square Feet with Auto Overheat Cut-Off Protection
- Temperature Range: 45-95 degrees F. Comes with Thermostat control. Wattage: 5600W. Volts: 240V/ 208V
- UL and C-UL listed
- Power Cord: NEMA 6-30P (receptacle NeMA 60-30R 250V 30 Amps)
- Requires a 220V plug in and not for general residential or household use, cannot be mounted on the ceiling
- Built-in thermostat with automatic shut-off protects against overheating
- Durable stainless steel construction is built to last.Coverage Area: 500 square feet
- Hardwired (not a traditional electrical outlet) to eliminate maintenance problems associated with propane heaters
- Heats up to 750 square feet - perfect for shops, garages, worksites
- The NewAir G73 is a 240 volt heater and requires 30 amp circuits when setting up. Profession installation from an Electrician is recommended
- Original Pic-A-Watt Element
- Multiple wattage options, to tailor to a room's specific heating requirements
- Patented Smart Limit Protection
- Built-in Thermostat
- Selector Switch: Fan/Heat/Off
- Long Life Cast Iron Motor
- Fan Delay To Dissipate Heat
- Universal Wall/Ceiling Bracket Included
- Proudly made in the USA
- Quartz Heating Element
- Ceiling or Wall mountable to save space
- equipped with overheat protection
- Instant 750/1500 Watt sun-like heat, plus soft halogen light
- Heat and Light are independently powered
- Garage/workshop fan-forced heater with 4000-watt stainless-steel element
- 13,640 BTUs; automatic temperature control from 45 to 77 degrees F
- Fan delay uses residual heat for economical performance; auto safety shut off
- Attaches to wall/ceiling with included mounting bracket; heater swivels to direct heat
- Measures 11 by 7-2/7 by 9 inches. Heating Element- Fan is propeller type, accurately balanced and correctly pitched. 240V
- Quickly heats up 800 square feet
- Certified for electrical safety with overheat protection
- Easy-to-use thermostat with manual controls
- Portable design includes carrying handle and 6-foot cord
- Sturdy steel construction with black powder coated finish
- 240 Volt--4000W utility heater
- Built-in thermostat and On/Off rocker switch
- Power indicator light
- Durable scratch and rust resistant finish
- Stainless steel tubular heating element
- 1-year warranty against manufacturer defects
- 120V 1500 may be plugged into a standard NEMA 5-15 120V outlet
- Solid stainless steel construction
- High-limit temperature control. Air Flow - 216 CFM
- Built-in thermostat (60-170F)
- 5000-watt premium utility heater at 240 volts provides warmth for large hard to heat areas like garages and workshops
- Note: Included 6 foot cord requires a NEMA #6-30 (polarized) 30 amp receptacle for operation. Please check your receptacle and/or with your electrician before purchase
- Includes bracket for wall mount or floor stand use
- Rugged USA made 20-gauge steel construction, with a baked-on powder coated paint finish for long-lasting wear
- Built-in fan-only switch provides comfortable air only circulation for summer months
- 【Advanced Infrared Technology with Lower Cost】Adopting carbon fiber gold-coated tubes,TRUSTECH electric patio heater targets at high accuracy of heat. It delivers heat directly to people or objects instead of the environment, creating a comfortable and warm zone around you. Besides, compared with similar heaters, this radiant heater protects environment and saves 40%-60% on electricity in a large scale.
- 【3 Customized Heat Setting for Individual Demand】This infrared heater enables to provides instant and efficient warmth within 3 seconds.It has 3-level heat setting, including 500W, 1000W and 1500W. So you can choose an ideal level depending on your preferences.Plus,the carbon fiber heating tube is glare free. Our patio heater is beneficial to your health in boosting metabolism, such as alleviating the symptoms of Rheumatology and Arthritis and relieving fatigue.
- 【Quick Install & Easy Operation & Remote control】TRUSTECH carbon infrared heaters are equipped with 4 brackets and fasteners, which allows you to mount it on the wall in just 4 steps without any heavy effort. Meanwhile, the wall mounted heater with smart remote control offers great convenience and highly improves your life quality. With 24-hour timer function, you could set auto shut off before going to sleep and stay in a welcoming and comfortable warmth all night.
- 【Perfect for Outdoor & Indoor Use】1500W high level power enables you to warm up in your large garage efficiently during cold winter. This electric heater is also suitable for outdoor patio and commercial outdoor space, such as studio porch, balconies, backyards, decks, outdoor bars, workshops and restaurants, emitting soft amber glow to enjoy warm heat. The included assembling accessories allows you to mount it in the bedrooms and living rooms. Just place where you want and enjoy the warmth!
- 【ETL Certificate & 48 months Reliable Warranty】 The aluminum design allows the heater to withstand some water and it is dust-proof(IP65 rating). No Gas or other flammable fuel is required. Our electric infrared heaters are manufactured under strict quality standards and pass ETL certificate. We offer a free replacement policy without any costs from your side and 48-month warranty, totally no risk for you. Please contact via support@trustechbination for free customer service!
- CONVENIENT CONTROL: The entire heater is controlled with a single pull string. It operates both heat settings, as well as the halogen light. The heater can also be used without having the light on simultaneously so you can use the heater
- ADVANCED SAFETY SYSTEM: This heater is designed with all the necessary safety features so you feel secure in your garage or commercial area. I has an overheat protection sensor and safety metal grille to minimize fire hazards, as well as a 3 prong grounded plug to protect from electrical risks.
- CEILING MOUNTED FEATURE: There are a lot of risks with floor and wall heaters. It's more likely for them to fall over or objects to fall into them. The ceiling mount provides you with extra safety, security, and floor space. It minimizes hazards and risks wherever you need your heater.
- ADJUSTABLE TILTING BRACKET: Even if you mount the heater in one spot, you still get a full 90 degree range of directional heat. Point it in any direction where you want to keep warm so you can work in any part of your shop without freezing.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) PowerGear by Comfort Zone Ceiling Mounted Dual Quartz Heater. Energy efficient Unit. Two heat settings: 750 and 1500 Watts. Designed for Utility or Garage use. 1500 Watts - 5120 BTUs. 3 Prong Grounded Plug. Heater operates with or without light on.
- Adjustable angle halogen light
- Pull string switch controls heat settings and halogen light
- 90° vertical tilting bracket
- Durable metal housing
- High efficiency quartz element provides immediate safe heat
- Infrared Heater: heating tube features gold anodized Aluminum reflectors and end caps. Easy to operate and maintain. Lightweight heating device for quick and quiet performance. Effectively delivers all three fundamentals of heat transfer - convection, conduction, radiation
- Durable Electric Heater: frosted Quartz tube heating element. Necessary winter accessory. Impressive service life. Manufactured in USA. Indoor space heater, ideal for low temperature areas. Solves residential to garage heating problems. Effective for outdoor spot heating, area heating and freeze protection
- High Performance Heating Equipment: radiant heat distribution from floor to ceiling. Travel friendly winter care accessory. BTU rating: 5120. OCH series electric infrared heater. Provides warmth and comfort. Energy efficient infrared heating solution for loading docks and production facilities
- Commercial Heating Appliance: long lasting construction with corrosion resistant parts. Low maintenance room heater with simple latch access. Moisture resistant electric heating accessory. Ideal for damp or harsh environmental conditions
- Care Instruction: wipe the electric heating device with damp cloth every day or use a microfiber cloth to remove dust. Wait for the heater to cool after switching off before cleaning
- Built-in thermostat
- Adjustable Louvers to Direct Air
- Power On & Over-Temp Indicating Lights
- High Mass Steel Fin Heat Exchanger
- Patented Smart Limit Protection
- Quick and instant heating (feel the heat within seconds, like the sun)
- Energy efficient heat, nearly all of energy converted into heat. Low operating costs, pennies an hour to operate
- Weather proof, it is approved for both indoor and outdoor use. Heat is produced not affected by wind or air.
- Adjustable thermostat levels, for optimum indoor and outdoor comfort
- Safe and odorless heat. Eco friendly, does not consume oxygen and does not dry the air. Wall, Ceiling or Optional Stand mount options. The unit does not come with a stand. Heater comes with adjustable hanging brackets. 8-ft cord, high quality and durable aluminum housing. Easy to install, step by step instructions provided
- Includes high-temperature Safety shutoff feature
- Six-foot cord and heavy-duty bracket for wall mount or floor stand
- Built-in adjustable thermostat
- Use the fan-only feature to circulate air
- Ideal for your shop or garage