Electric heaters convert electric energy into heat energy. Every electric heater has an inside electric resistor and works on the principle of Joule heating. When the electric current passes through a resistor it is converted into heat. Electric heaters use a nichrome wire as an active element, these nichrome wires are supported by a ceramic insulator. An electric heater is a great addition to your garage to make it comfortable for working there or repairing your car. An electric heater never consumes oxygen or produces carbon, so it is completely safe for children, the elderly and even for pregnant women. This heater comes with a thermostat to control the temperature, it keeps your garage warm even in bitterly cold weather. The electric heater is perfect for a standard size garage as it can heat a wide area without hassle. Stay cosy and comfortable while you work in your garage.
The highly portable design of an electric heater allows you to carry it anywhere and everywhere safely. Some electric heaters have a fan in the system which allows the heat to spread evenly and flow continuously across your garage. An electric heater is completely safe as it turns off automatically withdrawn its body is overheated or it had run for too long. You can adjust the angle of the heater using the flaps, to make it face the direction in which you need heat. Such a heater can also be mounted on the wall using the brackets included in the system to provide you with heat both horizontally and vertically. The heater also has the ability to swivel when mounted on the wall so that the heat can be directed to each side individually.
The electric heater can also beautify your garage. It looks like a traditional fireplace. You can enjoy the benefits of a wood stove without the danger of real fire flames. The LED flame effect looks like a real fireplace. You can create a perfect fire for your work in the garage, by easily adjusting the heat and brightness. This stylish heater provides you with both supplemental heat and aesthetic taste. The elegant design has a classical metal finish and handles for easy portability and mobility. For child safety, electric heater has thermal safety cut off switch to prevent fire, which turns the fireplace off should it happen to fall over.
For all year long attractive visual, an electric heater provides you with an ambience of a gentle rolling fire, even if you use it without the heat function. Your garage looks beautiful and comfortable for you and your family to spend some time working in the car.
How to Install Electric Garage Heaters
Things to consider when buying an electric heater for your garage
Whenever you are shopping for the first and the foremost thing that comes to your mind is the cost of the product that you would like to buy. Always buy the product that perfectly matches your budget. Usually, electric heaters have competitive prices in the market. Don’t be confused but select the electric heater that also has a long-term warranty.
Secondly, an important thing you need to consider when buying an electric heater its type. There are two types of electric heaters available in the market. It is better to familiarize yourself with the difference between them before you buy one.
- Fan forced air heater:
These heaters run on both electricity and propane. When you operate the fan forced air heater on electricity it is safer as compared to propane. But if you operate your fan forced air heater on propane it is cheaper than electricity. Propane requires more strict observance of the safety rules and the constant presence of gas cylinders. Hot air from fan forced air heaters spread very quickly throughout a large area, thus it can instantly make your entire garage warm.
- Infrared Heater:
Infrared heater work on the principle of heat radiation. You can heat up the floor, ceiling and walls of your garage using the infrared heater. It doesn’t heat up the air directly instead it heats up the whole of your garage. It is very important to place it at proper height and distance from yourself, otherwise, you won’t be able to feel the heat.
- Energy efficient heating:
Thirdly, you must consider the monthly electricity consumption bill, almost all of us love to save our buck. Carefully choose the electric heater that has low energy consumption, so your heating system doesn’t turn into a burden on your wallet. An oil filled electric radiator provides fast, even and lasting heat at the low consumption of 1500w. Choose the electric heater that has an adjustable thermostat, so that you can easily save energy. Another benefit is an oil filled electric radiator is that it is permanently sealed with oil and never needs to be refilled, so you can also save the cost of an additional fuel. These electric radiators are silent, there is no noise of the heater to disturb you while you are working in your garage.
- Size of your garage:
Fourthly, you must consider the size of your garage, when you are buying an electric heater. Measure the length, breadth and height of your garage, so you can easily select a suitable and powerful enough electric heater. Keep the safety in your mind. Buy the ones that are extremely safe and have flame resistant material construction. It must be ELT or UL certified and quality tested and approved by professionals. Remember that user-friendly electric heaters are easy to use and portable. Check the structure carefully and make sure that it has wheels underneath it to make its mobility comfortable.
- Never let your bare skin touch the surface of the electric heater.
- Don’t use your electric heater outdoors
- Never cover your electric heater.
- Never plug in your electric heater in the surroundings of shower, bath or swimming pool to avoid short circuit.
- Make sure that the wire is completely dry before you plug it in.
- Keep your electric heater out of the reach of your children and pets.
Top 20 Best Rated Electric Garage Heaters
- Ideal for garages, workshops, basements or outside buildings
- Rugged, heavy-duty industrial type heater. Built-in single pole thermostat adjusts from 45º to 135º fahrenheit
- Built-in ceiling mount bracket for easyvertical or horizontal mounting
- Adjustable louvers to direct heat to desired area
- A high level cutout automatically shuts off current in event of overheating and reactivates the heater when temperature returns to normal
- 2 heat levels up to 7,500W
- Thermostat control
- Fan-forced for wide heat dispersion
- Ideal for household use
- 208V-240v heavy-duty, high-output heater
- 【Product Parameter】: The size of electric space air heater is: 10.8 x 9.9 x 13.6 (inch). Our heater has four buttons and a remote control that allows you to control the temperature remotely. The 12.36 pounds heater needs to be stabilized by the bracket if you want to hang it on the wall.
- 【Overheat Protection】: This space heater can be used by all without any safety concerns. The space heater will automatically shut off if it overheated inside, which can bring you conveniences and peace of mind while reading, working, sleeping or watching TV. Note: 1. Please allow 1-2 seconds for preheating, constant touching of a button will cause a crash. 2. Due to a protective mechanism, it will cost 8-10 seconds for reactivate after auto-shutoff (on rare occasion).
- 【High Performance】: The 2400/4800 watt engine can heat the atmosphere quickly and warm your body in 2 seconds without noise. The space heater can heat up a room within seconds thanks to its 2400/4800 W output, reliable coil heating elements and large air outlet; it can distribute warm air evenly around a large area of up to 861 (sq.ft). You can enjoy natural wind in Autumn, hot wind in Winter anywhere such as garages, workshops, basements or outside buildings.
- 【Main Components】: PTC ceramic heating element which can rapidly heat atmosphere. Built-in adjustable thermostat for accurate temperature control. Solid stainless steel construction.Adjustable heating angles. Ceiling mounting bracket for horizontal or vertical flow mounting or any position in-between.
- 【Important Instructions】: Important instructions: 1. In case of automatically overheat shut off, unplug the heater & wait for 30 minutes to cool down, then restart the heater. 2. Make sure the heater is on a flat and hard surface. 3. In order to avoid overheat situations, do not cover anything on the heater.
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: The fan-forced heater is designed for ceiling mounting and hard-wired installation, which saves valuable floor space in a packed warehouse, garage or storage area.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The body of the commercial heater is crafted from heavy gauge steel, which stands up well to the temperature fluctuations in areas that are poorly insulated.
- TARGETED HEATING: Louvers and a variable mounting angle direct airflow where it is needed most, while the fan-forced design helps to distribute it throughout the room.
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS: The dual knob thermostat allows you to easily adjust the temperature to just the right level for your space and to turn the ceiling mount heater on and off quickly.
- SMART SAFETY FEATURES: A built-in sensor switches the device off automatically if it overheats, while a power indicator light ensures that you know when the unit is in use.
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -14.5". Overall Width - Side to Side: -13". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -14.5".
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan provide maximum air flow with minimum turbulence and noise, gently distributes warmth through your area
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
- Heats Up To 600 Square Feet with Auto Overheat Cut-Off Protection
- Temperature Range: 45-95 degrees F. Comes with Thermostat control. Wattage: 5600W. Volts: 240V/ 208V
- UL and C-UL listed
- Power Cord: NEMA 6-30P (receptacle NeMA 60-30R 250V 30 Amps)
- Requires a 220V plug in and not for general residential or household use, cannot be mounted on the ceiling
- Garage/workshop fan-forced heater with 4000-watt stainless-steel element
- 13,640 BTUs; automatic temperature control from 45 to 77 degrees F
- Fan delay uses residual heat for economical performance; auto safety shut off
- Attaches to wall/ceiling with included mounting bracket; heater swivels to direct heat
- Measures 11 by 7-2/7 by 9 inches. Heating Element- Fan is propeller type, accurately balanced and correctly pitched. 240V
- 【2 In 1 For All Year Round】 Our fan heater offers 2 modes for you to choose from. The heater fan combo can be used as a heater in winter or a fan in summer. You just need to rotate the power switch to different position. Besides, by adjusting the power switch of the portable heater , you choose different level for temperature of the heater. Because of the design, the 2 in 1 electric heater will serve for all year round, saving your money!
- 【Quick Heat & Energy Saving】 Equipped with a built-in fan, the electric heater can heat up a room more quickly and evenly. Warm and gentle air generated by this space heater will also help cross-conversion of your room, making you feel comfortable! After turning on the switch, the fan heater will work quickly, it's very suitable if you are alone at home and don’t wanna turn on a big heater and reach a high electricity bill.
- 【Overheating Protection & Safety】The PTC material used in the space heater ensures that the heater is safe when the temperature is too high, the automatic overheat system will shut the portable heater off when overheating. Besides, the thermostat can keep the heater working properly, so don’t worry about overheating. These two protection devices ensure the safety of you and your family!
- 【Small Size & Portable Design】A space heater will be a great choice for home and office use. Especially, our heater fan is designed with a built-in carrying handle, which is more convenient for you to move this electric heater to anywhere you want. Because of its small design and portable feature, you may use the electric heater for bedroom, kitchen, living room, dining room and so on.
- 【Trustworthy Brand】We are so confident that the fan heater is produced under strict quality control and we ensure that every customer can buy high-quality products. We want to provide a good shopping experience for every customer. Once purchased, you are promised to get a satisfying service.
- Heavy duty 240V single Phase 4700/7500W electric heater
- Hardwired, wall/ceiling-mounted heater
- Remote controlled thermostat with temperature range from 50 - 90 degree
- 5 adjustable louvers to direct airflow
- UL/CUL listed; timer feature; heavy duty fully enclosed motor