Electric heaters convert electric energy into heat energy. Every electric heater has an inside electric resistor and works on the principle of Joule heating. When the electric current passes through a resistor it is converted into heat. Electric heaters use a nichrome wire as an active element, these nichrome wires are supported by a ceramic insulator. An electric heater is a great addition to your garage to make it comfortable for working there or repairing your car. An electric heater never consumes oxygen or produces carbon, so it is completely safe for children, the elderly and even for pregnant women. This heater comes with a thermostat to control the temperature, it keeps your garage warm even in bitterly cold weather. The electric heater is perfect for a standard size garage as it can heat a wide area without hassle. Stay cosy and comfortable while you work in your garage.
The highly portable design of an electric heater allows you to carry it anywhere and everywhere safely. Some electric heaters have a fan in the system which allows the heat to spread evenly and flow continuously across your garage. An electric heater is completely safe as it turns off automatically withdrawn its body is overheated or it had run for too long. You can adjust the angle of the heater using the flaps, to make it face the direction in which you need heat. Such a heater can also be mounted on the wall using the brackets included in the system to provide you with heat both horizontally and vertically. The heater also has the ability to swivel when mounted on the wall so that the heat can be directed to each side individually.
The electric heater can also beautify your garage. It looks like a traditional fireplace. You can enjoy the benefits of a wood stove without the danger of real fire flames. The LED flame effect looks like a real fireplace. You can create a perfect fire for your work in the garage, by easily adjusting the heat and brightness. This stylish heater provides you with both supplemental heat and aesthetic taste. The elegant design has a classical metal finish and handles for easy portability and mobility. For child safety, electric heater has thermal safety cut off switch to prevent fire, which turns the fireplace off should it happen to fall over.
For all year long attractive visual, an electric heater provides you with an ambience of a gentle rolling fire, even if you use it without the heat function. Your garage looks beautiful and comfortable for you and your family to spend some time working in the car.
How to Install Electric Garage Heaters
Things to consider when buying an electric heater for your garage
Whenever you are shopping for the first and the foremost thing that comes to your mind is the cost of the product that you would like to buy. Always buy the product that perfectly matches your budget. Usually, electric heaters have competitive prices in the market. Don’t be confused but select the electric heater that also has a long-term warranty.
Secondly, an important thing you need to consider when buying an electric heater its type. There are two types of electric heaters available in the market. It is better to familiarize yourself with the difference between them before you buy one.
- Fan forced air heater:
These heaters run on both electricity and propane. When you operate the fan forced air heater on electricity it is safer as compared to propane. But if you operate your fan forced air heater on propane it is cheaper than electricity. Propane requires more strict observance of the safety rules and the constant presence of gas cylinders. Hot air from fan forced air heaters spread very quickly throughout a large area, thus it can instantly make your entire garage warm.
- Infrared Heater:
Infrared heater work on the principle of heat radiation. You can heat up the floor, ceiling and walls of your garage using the infrared heater. It doesn’t heat up the air directly instead it heats up the whole of your garage. It is very important to place it at proper height and distance from yourself, otherwise, you won’t be able to feel the heat.
- Energy efficient heating:
Thirdly, you must consider the monthly electricity consumption bill, almost all of us love to save our buck. Carefully choose the electric heater that has low energy consumption, so your heating system doesn’t turn into a burden on your wallet. An oil filled electric radiator provides fast, even and lasting heat at the low consumption of 1500w. Choose the electric heater that has an adjustable thermostat, so that you can easily save energy. Another benefit is an oil filled electric radiator is that it is permanently sealed with oil and never needs to be refilled, so you can also save the cost of an additional fuel. These electric radiators are silent, there is no noise of the heater to disturb you while you are working in your garage.
- Size of your garage:
Fourthly, you must consider the size of your garage, when you are buying an electric heater. Measure the length, breadth and height of your garage, so you can easily select a suitable and powerful enough electric heater. Keep the safety in your mind. Buy the ones that are extremely safe and have flame resistant material construction. It must be ELT or UL certified and quality tested and approved by professionals. Remember that user-friendly electric heaters are easy to use and portable. Check the structure carefully and make sure that it has wheels underneath it to make its mobility comfortable.
- Never let your bare skin touch the surface of the electric heater.
- Don’t use your electric heater outdoors
- Never cover your electric heater.
- Never plug in your electric heater in the surroundings of shower, bath or swimming pool to avoid short circuit.
- Make sure that the wire is completely dry before you plug it in.
- Keep your electric heater out of the reach of your children and pets.
Top 20 Best Rated Electric Garage Heaters
- Ideal for garages, workshops, basements or outside buildings
- Rugged, heavy-duty industrial type heater. Built-in single pole thermostat adjusts from 45º to 135º fahrenheit
- Built-in ceiling mount bracket for easyvertical or horizontal mounting
- Adjustable louvers to direct heat to desired area
- A high level cutout automatically shuts off current in event of overheating and reactivates the heater when temperature returns to normal
- WIDE AIR DISTRIBUTION: The celling heater is constructed in a fan-forced air design with adjustable directed airflow vents that provide superior heat distribution across a wide area.
- DIGITAL CONTROL: With its integrated digital thermostat control, 12-hour timer and remote controller, the 10,000-watt space heater allows you to set the optimum temperature for efficient heat output.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: The industrial heater has a heavy-gauge steel body for durability. Heating elements are fully sheathed and the motor is enclosed for increased protection in dusty environments.
- HARDWIRE INSTALLATION: The ceiling-mount heater comes complete with an adjustable mounting bracket for optimized positioning. It requires a single-phase hardwire connection (240 Volt A.C.) for installation.
- SAFETY PERFORMANCE: Power and caution indicator lights allow you to easily monitor operations, and the overload switch on this industrial heater provides added protection.
- Garage/workshop fan-forced heater with 4000-watt stainless-steel element
- 13,640 BTUs; automatic temperature control from 45 to 77 degrees F
- Fan delay uses residual heat for economical performance; auto safety shut off
- Attaches to wall/ceiling with included mounting bracket; heater swivels to direct heat
- Measures 11 by 7-2/7 by 9 inches. Heating Element- Fan is propeller type, accurately balanced and correctly pitched. 240V
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: The fan-forced heater is designed for ceiling mounting and hard-wired installation, which saves valuable floor space in a packed warehouse, garage or storage area.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The body of the commercial heater is crafted from heavy gauge steel, which stands up well to the temperature fluctuations in areas that are poorly insulated.
- TARGETED HEATING: Louvers and a variable mounting angle direct airflow where it is needed most, while the fan-forced design helps to distribute it throughout the room.
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS: The dual knob thermostat allows you to easily adjust the temperature to just the right level for your space and to turn the ceiling mount heater on and off quickly.
- SMART SAFETY FEATURES: A built-in sensor switches the device off automatically if it overheats, while a power indicator light ensures that you know when the unit is in use.
- Spiral wrapped, steel heating elements
- 500 CFM fan provides superior heat circulation
- 240 Volts/30 AMPs
- Hard-wire Required
- Remote Control, ECO setting and LED display settable from 45-99 degrees
- 2 heat levels up to 7,500W
- Thermostat control
- Fan-forced for wide heat dispersion
- Ideal for household use
- 208V-240v heavy-duty, high-output heater
- 【Safe Thermostat PTC】 The electric garage heater adopts innovative PTC technology. Garage fan heaters only generate the heat necessary to fulfill its pre-programmed goal. As well, because PTC stones do not generate heat at a constant rate like resistance wires, they will cool down quickly to avoid overheating, which means its internal temperature will not consistently stay high. This garage space heater is much more safe than others.
- 【Portable Heater Greenhouse or Garage】 Do you feel cold when working in the greenhouse or garage? I will advise you might need a portable greenhouse fan heater. This greenhouse heater is perfect for you will keep your feet and legs warm. Also,with more than 75 inch long cord, it can be used garage or workplace. You will be surprised with its wonderful performance. The garage space heater can heat up quickly and quietly.
- 【Adjustable Heat Setting&Heat Up In 3 Seconds】 Do you want a warm hug when coming home from the cold outside? Turn on this garage space heater fan, it will heat up instantly & welcome you home by a warm hug. It has 3 heat settings: fan only, low and high heat. The 1500 watt engine can heat the atmosphere quickly and warm your body in 3 seconds without noisy. You can enjoy natural wind in Autumn, hot wind in cold Winter.
- 【Energy saving and Economic choise】 The space garage heater can help reduce overall heating costs. Use it as supplemental heat to the main heating system - no need to crank up the thermostat for the whole house when you are just hanging out in one room. This garage fan heater provides up to 1500 watts of heat on the high setting, and its Fan Only option generates refreshing air circulation without added heat for year-round convenience. No worry about winter electric bill any more!
- 【Overheat Protection】 Sometimes you might forget to turn off the garage heater and keep heating all night. Don't worry about this situation.The heater will auto shut off when overheating or reach the setting temperature because of overheat protection. Any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will able to solve them for you.
- 15 Heat Settings; Heats up to 1000 sq ft
- Dual Power Settings: 7500 Watts 25, 589 BTUs and 10, 000 Watts 34, 121 BTUs
- Use without heater for convenient summer fan only use
- Adjustable angles for horizontal and vertical air flow with safety lock
- Convenient Remote Control and LED Touch Screen Display and Control
- Hard Wire Installation
- Fully Enclosed Motor
- Sturdy, Rugged Construction
- Overheat Auto Shut-off Protection
- [Heavy-Duty Spot Heater for Garages] Don't let winter put an end to your garage and workshop hobbies! The NewAir Portable Ceramic 120v Electric Garage Heater is built to last with a rugged shell that can stand up to tough conditions in any workspace.
- [Portable, Plug-and-Play Design] Thanks to its 120-volt plug, you can use this portable heater in any standard outlet so you can stay warm anywhere. The lightweight body has an integrated handle for travel, while the compact design makes it easy to pack away when winter ends.
- [Fan and Heating Plate Come Together to Create Fast Heat] This portable heater combines the efficiency of a ceramic heating plate with the power of a 200 CFM fan to deliver a steady stream of warm air to your work area. The fan directs air over the heating plate to eliminate cold spots.
- [Adjustable Heat Right Where You Need It Most] This portable garage heater features a convenient tilting head to spot-heat up to 160 square feet of personal space. Choose from two heat settings to control the power behind your heater. Plus, you can adjust the temperature to meet your exact heating needs.
- [Smart Safety Features] This garage heater has an internal thermostat and automatic shut-off function that prevent overheating. The exterior housing is also designed to stay cool to the touch, preventing any opportunities for accidental burns.