Electric heaters convert electric energy into heat energy. Every electric heater has an inside electric resistor and works on the principle of Joule heating. When the electric current passes through a resistor it is converted into heat. Electric heaters use a nichrome wire as an active element, these nichrome wires are supported by a ceramic insulator. An electric heater is a great addition to your garage to make it comfortable for working there or repairing your car. An electric heater never consumes oxygen or produces carbon, so it is completely safe for children, the elderly and even for pregnant women. This heater comes with a thermostat to control the temperature, it keeps your garage warm even in bitterly cold weather. The electric heater is perfect for a standard size garage as it can heat a wide area without hassle. Stay cosy and comfortable while you work in your garage.
The highly portable design of an electric heater allows you to carry it anywhere and everywhere safely. Some electric heaters have a fan in the system which allows the heat to spread evenly and flow continuously across your garage. An electric heater is completely safe as it turns off automatically withdrawn its body is overheated or it had run for too long. You can adjust the angle of the heater using the flaps, to make it face the direction in which you need heat. Such a heater can also be mounted on the wall using the brackets included in the system to provide you with heat both horizontally and vertically. The heater also has the ability to swivel when mounted on the wall so that the heat can be directed to each side individually.
The electric heater can also beautify your garage. It looks like a traditional fireplace. You can enjoy the benefits of a wood stove without the danger of real fire flames. The LED flame effect looks like a real fireplace. You can create a perfect fire for your work in the garage, by easily adjusting the heat and brightness. This stylish heater provides you with both supplemental heat and aesthetic taste. The elegant design has a classical metal finish and handles for easy portability and mobility. For child safety, electric heater has thermal safety cut off switch to prevent fire, which turns the fireplace off should it happen to fall over.
For all year long attractive visual, an electric heater provides you with an ambience of a gentle rolling fire, even if you use it without the heat function. Your garage looks beautiful and comfortable for you and your family to spend some time working in the car.
How to Install Electric Garage Heaters
Things to consider when buying an electric heater for your garage
Whenever you are shopping for the first and the foremost thing that comes to your mind is the cost of the product that you would like to buy. Always buy the product that perfectly matches your budget. Usually, electric heaters have competitive prices in the market. Don’t be confused but select the electric heater that also has a long-term warranty.
Secondly, an important thing you need to consider when buying an electric heater its type. There are two types of electric heaters available in the market. It is better to familiarize yourself with the difference between them before you buy one.
- Fan forced air heater:
These heaters run on both electricity and propane. When you operate the fan forced air heater on electricity it is safer as compared to propane. But if you operate your fan forced air heater on propane it is cheaper than electricity. Propane requires more strict observance of the safety rules and the constant presence of gas cylinders. Hot air from fan forced air heaters spread very quickly throughout a large area, thus it can instantly make your entire garage warm.
- Infrared Heater:
Infrared heater work on the principle of heat radiation. You can heat up the floor, ceiling and walls of your garage using the infrared heater. It doesn’t heat up the air directly instead it heats up the whole of your garage. It is very important to place it at proper height and distance from yourself, otherwise, you won’t be able to feel the heat.
- Energy efficient heating:
Thirdly, you must consider the monthly electricity consumption bill, almost all of us love to save our buck. Carefully choose the electric heater that has low energy consumption, so your heating system doesn’t turn into a burden on your wallet. An oil filled electric radiator provides fast, even and lasting heat at the low consumption of 1500w. Choose the electric heater that has an adjustable thermostat, so that you can easily save energy. Another benefit is an oil filled electric radiator is that it is permanently sealed with oil and never needs to be refilled, so you can also save the cost of an additional fuel. These electric radiators are silent, there is no noise of the heater to disturb you while you are working in your garage.
- Size of your garage:
Fourthly, you must consider the size of your garage, when you are buying an electric heater. Measure the length, breadth and height of your garage, so you can easily select a suitable and powerful enough electric heater. Keep the safety in your mind. Buy the ones that are extremely safe and have flame resistant material construction. It must be ELT or UL certified and quality tested and approved by professionals. Remember that user-friendly electric heaters are easy to use and portable. Check the structure carefully and make sure that it has wheels underneath it to make its mobility comfortable.
- Never let your bare skin touch the surface of the electric heater.
- Don’t use your electric heater outdoors
- Never cover your electric heater.
- Never plug in your electric heater in the surroundings of shower, bath or swimming pool to avoid short circuit.
- Make sure that the wire is completely dry before you plug it in.
- Keep your electric heater out of the reach of your children and pets.
Top 20 Best Rated Electric Garage Heaters
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -14.5". Overall Width - Side to Side: -13". Overall Depth - Front to Back: -14.5".
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan provide maximum air flow with minimum turbulence and noise, gently distributes warmth through your area
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
- Smart ECO2S Energy-Saving Design
- 2-Stage Heating: Automatically Uses Lowest Wattage Needed
- Summer Fan Only & Timer Modes
- Built-In Fan Delay To Dissipate Heat
- Remote Control & Universal Wall/Ceiling Bracket Included
- Ideal for garages, workshops, basements or outside buildings
- Rugged, heavy-duty industrial type heater. Built-in single pole thermostat adjusts from 45º to 135º fahrenheit
- Built-in ceiling mount bracket for easyvertical or horizontal mounting
- Adjustable louvers to direct heat to desired area
- Thermostat control
- Fan-forced for wide heat dispersion
- Heavy gauge steel body
- Built-in thermostat with automatic shut-off protects against overheating
- Durable stainless steel construction is built to last.Coverage Area: 500 square feet
- Hardwired (not a traditional electrical outlet) to eliminate maintenance problems associated with propane heaters
- Heats up to 750 square feet - perfect for shops, garages, worksites
- The NewAir G73 is a 240 volt heater and requires 30 amp circuits when setting up. Profession installation from an Electrician is recommended
- Garage/workshop fan-forced heater with 4000-watt stainless-steel element
- 13,640 BTUs; automatic temperature control from 45 to 77 degrees F
- Fan delay uses residual heat for economical performance; auto safety shut off
- Attaches to wall/ceiling with included mounting bracket; heater swivels to direct heat
- Measures 11 by 7-2/7 by 9 inches. Heating Element- Fan is propeller type, accurately balanced and correctly pitched. 240V
- Quickly heats up 800 square feet
- Certified for electrical safety with overheat protection
- Easy-to-use thermostat with manual controls
- Portable design includes carrying handle and 6-foot cord
- Sturdy steel construction with black powder coated finish
- Heats Up To 600 Square Feet with Auto Overheat Cut-Off Protection
- Temperature Range: 45-95 degrees F. Comes with Thermostat control. Wattage: 5600W. Volts: 240V/ 208V
- UL and C-UL listed
- Power Cord: NEMA 6-30P (receptacle NeMA 60-30R 250V 30 Amps)
- Requires a 220V plug in and not for general residential or household use, cannot be mounted on the ceiling
- Quartz Heating Element
- Ceiling or Wall mountable to save space
- equipped with overheat protection
- Instant 750/1500 Watt sun-like heat, plus soft halogen light
- Heat and Light are independently powered
- Easy outside access to thermostat and A/C terminals. 0.5 inch gas connection
- Limited 3 year warranty on parts and burners
- Powered exhaust allows for vertical or horizontal venting
- Natural Gas to Liquid Propane conversion kit included
- 80,000 BTU per hour heats up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- 5000/4000/3000 watts
- Reliable 240v 60Hz 1-Phase hardwired connection
- safety tip over power cut off switch
- power and caution indicator lights
- Adjustable thermostat
- 208/240V Heavy Duty, High Output Heater, Hard-Wired 208V or 240V Connection
- Heavy Gauge Steel Body, Removable Front Grille Assembly for Cleaning
- 3 Heat Levels 5000/4000/3000 watts and Thermostat Control
- Power and Caution Indicator Lights, Works on Low 208V for NYC and Safety Overheat Protection System
- Fan-Forced for wide area circulation, Adjustable louvers to direct output, Adjustable installation angle
- Original Pic-A-Watt Element
- Multiple wattage options, to tailor to a room's specific heating requirements
- Patented Smart Limit Protection
- Built-in Thermostat
- Selector Switch: Fan/Heat/Off
- Long Life Cast Iron Motor
- Fan Delay To Dissipate Heat
- Universal Wall/Ceiling Bracket Included
- Proudly made in the USA
- 240 Volt--4000W utility heater
- Built-in thermostat and On/Off rocker switch
- Power indicator light
- Durable scratch and rust resistant finish
- Stainless steel tubular heating element
- Easy outside access to thermostat and A/C terminals and gas connection
- Limited 3 year warranty on parts and burners;Minimum 8 ft clearance from floor to base of heater required .
- Powered exhaust allows for vertical or horizontal venting
- Natural Gas to Liquid Propane conversion kit included
- 50,000 BTU per hour heats up to 1250 sq. ft.
- 1-year warranty against manufacturer defects
- 120V 1500 may be plugged into a standard NEMA 5-15 120V outlet
- Solid stainless steel construction
- High-limit temperature control. Air Flow - 216 CFM
- Built-in thermostat (60-170F)
- CONVENIENT CONTROL: The entire heater is controlled with a single pull string. It operates both heat settings, as well as the halogen light. The heater can also be used without having the light on simultaneously so you can use the heater
- ADVANCED SAFETY SYSTEM: This heater is designed with all the necessary safety features so you feel secure in your garage or commercial area. I has an overheat protection sensor and safety metal grille to minimize fire hazards, as well as a 3 prong grounded plug to protect from electrical risks.
- CEILING MOUNTED FEATURE: There are a lot of risks with floor and wall heaters. It's more likely for them to fall over or objects to fall into them. The ceiling mount provides you with extra safety, security, and floor space. It minimizes hazards and risks wherever you need your heater.
- ADJUSTABLE TILTING BRACKET: Even if you mount the heater in one spot, you still get a full 90 degree range of directional heat. Point it in any direction where you want to keep warm so you can work in any part of your shop without freezing.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) PowerGear by Comfort Zone Ceiling Mounted Dual Quartz Heater. Energy efficient Unit. Two heat settings: 750 and 1500 Watts. Designed for Utility or Garage use. 1500 Watts - 5120 BTUs. 3 Prong Grounded Plug. Heater operates with or without light on.
- Adjustable angle halogen light
- Pull string switch controls heat settings and halogen light
- 90° vertical tilting bracket
- Durable metal housing
- High efficiency quartz element provides immediate safe heat
- 4,000- to 18,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 300 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels
- Low, medium and high heat level control knob for steady temperatures; connects to propane tank (not included)
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- 【Safe Thermostat PTC】 The electric garage heater adopts innovative PTC technology. Garage fan heaters only generate the heat necessary to fulfill its pre-programmed goal. As well, because PTC stones do not generate heat at a constant rate like resistance wires, they will cool down quickly to avoid overheating, which means its internal temperature will not consistently stay high. This garage space heater is much more safe than others.
- 【Portable Heater Greenhouse or Garage】 Do you feel cold when working in the greenhouse or garage? I will advise you might need a portable greenhouse fan heater. This greenhouse heater is perfect for you will keep your feet and legs warm. Also,with more than 75 inch long cord, it can be used garage or workplace. You will be surprised with its wonderful performance. The garage space heater can heat up quickly and quietly.
- 【Adjustable Heat Setting&Heat Up In 3 Seconds】 Do you want a warm hug when coming home from the cold outside? Turn on this garage space heater fan, it will heat up instantly & welcome you home by a warm hug. It has 3 heat settings: fan only, low and high heat. The 1500 watt engine can heat the atmosphere quickly and warm your body in 3 seconds without noisy. You can enjoy natural wind in Autumn, hot wind in cold Winter.
- 【Energy saving and Economic choise】 The space garage heater can help reduce overall heating costs. Use it as supplemental heat to the main heating system - no need to crank up the thermostat for the whole house when you are just hanging out in one room. This garage fan heater provides up to 1500 watts of heat on the high setting, and its Fan Only option generates refreshing air circulation without added heat for year-round convenience. No worry about winter electric bill any more!
- 【Overheat Protection,12 Months Warranty】 Sometimes you might forget to turn off the garage heater and keep heating all night. Don't worry about this situation.The heater will auto shut off when overheating or reach the setting temperature because of overheat protection. We have a 12 months money back warranty, just purchase it with complete confidence! Any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will able to solve them for you.
- For Larger Garages & Shops (7500 Watts / 240 Volts)
- 【Adjustable Heat Setting&Heat Up In 3 Seconds】: Do you want a warm hug when coming home from the cold outside? Turn on this ceramic tower heater fan, it will heat up instantly & welcome you home by a warm hug.It can adjusted by a remote control or a button . The 2400-4800 watt engine can heat the atmosphere quickly and warm your body in 2 seconds without noisy. You can enjoy natural wind in Autumn, hot wind in Winter
- 【Application scenarios】: DAHTEC fan heater is suitable for garages, workshops, basements and outside buildings.High-efficient heating for a wide range of 500 square feet .
- 【Auto Oscillation Function】: Self-regulating ceramic element with automatic overheat protection. While it is convenient for you to work and live, it also guarantees safe operation and environmental health.
- 【Main Components】: PTC ceramic heating element .Built-in adjustable thermostat for accurate temperature control. Solid stainless steel construction.Adjustable heating angles. Ceiling mounting bracket for horizontal or vertical flow mounting or any position in-between.
- 【Overheat Protection,12 Months Warranty】: Sometimes you might forget to turn off it and keep heating all night.Don't worry about this situation.The heater will auto shut off when overheating or reach the setting temperature because of overheat protection.We have a 12 months money back warranty and lifetime customer support,just purchase it with complete confidence! Any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will able to solve them for you.