An automatic pill dispenser is a device which releases medication at the specified time. An automatic pill dispenser is used to serve the patient or a disabled person, to adhere to the prescribed medication. An automatic pill dispenser is categorized as a telehealth product. The function of the Automatic pill dispenser is to alert the patient when it is the date and time to take their prescribed medication. When the time comes to take the medication, the pill dispenser automatically releases a pre-measured dose into a small compartment that can be easily opened. Simultaneously an audible alarm rings out of the automatic pill dispenser. If the patient doesn’t take the pill out of the dispenser door, the pill dispenser will send a signal to the caregiver or family member of the patient.
An automatic pill dispenser is useful for both senior citizens and people who are in the care transition. When an injured patient is discharged from the hospital, it is difficult to continue the complicated dosing schedule back at home. Physically challenged patients can easily follow their doctor’s or therapist’s instructions using an automatic pill dispenser and recover soon. The physician, clinician, pharmacist, psychiatrist or the nurse is contacted via email, text or phone calls if the patient misses his/her dose. Modern technology has made medication safe and secure. Once the dispenser is filled and locked, the patient will never over-dose or skip a dose. Most of the automatic pill dispensers are connected to online portals or smartphone apps. This creates extra convenience for both the patient and the caregiver.
How To Setup Automatic Pill Dispenser
Things to consider when buying an automatic pill dispenser:
There is a large variety of automatic pill dispensers available in the market. Besides all the alerts and alarms, what distinguishes an automatic pill dispenser from the other is the cost, form factor, ease-of-use and Target market.
The pill dispensers that need manual refilling are cheap. Automatic pill dispensers are affordable. And the most intelligent app controlled pill dispensers are costly. You have an opportunity of Black Friday to get the best bargain and maximum discount off the price of your favourite pill dispenser. Monthly subscriptions are the best option to purchase an automatic pill dispenser within your limited monthly budget.
- Structure of the dispenser:
When buying an automatic pill dispenser, select the one with maximum compartments, each capable of holding a whole month’s doses, roughly the size of an Aspirin. The transparent lid is better than an opaque one. Select such a dispenser which has replacement parts, in case you break a tray, lid or the key of the dispenser is lost, you can use the extra parts provided. Make sure your automatic pill dispenser consumes minimum power. It must at least have 6-8 hours battery back up in case of power loss. Choose such a dispenser which doesn’t need assemblage of parts, neither sorting of pills is necessary. Just pour in your pills or supplements, in designated containers to save your time.
- Easy to use :
When you are buying an automatic pill dispenser, make sure you choose an easy to use the product. Choose such an automatic pill dispenser that operates on senior-friendly software, which provides audible, visible and vibration alerts, until the unit is turned over or at least for half an hour. Green or red flash alert and vibration are helpful for hearing impaired people. Besides a key to manually unlock the dispenser, an automatic pill dispenser must have password, PIN code, fingerprint scanner, RFID, bracelet, voice biometric or facial recognition as an optional locking method. This prevents both theft and over-dose. Select such a dispenser which has multiple programmable alarms up to 6-10 daily alarms. Select such an automatic pill dispenser that connects to the pharmacy to obtain the precise dispensing details needed to properly self-program.
Buy a pill dispenser which has long distance connectivity, providing the cellular connection via the cloud for remote management by caregivers. You can also buy a pill dispenser that has a Bluetooth integration to let you stop worrying about the dosage of your loved ones if you step out of the room. Bluetooth will connect to any Smart device around thus preventing the patient from missing a dose. You must find an automatic pill dispenser that is multilingual, to allow both caregiver and patients to choose their own language for use.
An attractive pill dispenser is available in the market that can answer health and wellness questions and connect directly with health care professionals.
- Child safety:
All medicines have a bold precaution written on them: “KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN”. This the most important thing a parent should consider. Sometimes it happens that parents tired and frazzled from caring for a sick child accidentally double dose or overdose their own child, one parent gives a second dose, not realizing that the other parent already gave one. Accidents like this happen when the wrong dose for the child’s weight is administered. These errors can be eliminated by buying such an automatic pill dispenser which is child safe. It’s a password or it’s key must only be accessible to both parents or the nurse. Children are attracted towards the colourful pills, they have a curiosity to taste them, remember to buy such an automatic pill dispenser whose lid is opaque. Remember to put the automatic pill dispenser on top of the fridge, out of the sight if your children.
- Water resistant and tamper proof:
All of the telehealth products are developed for the niche market, each having a compelling feature that makes it shine above the other. Being a smart person, you must choose a well engineered automatic pill dispenser. Buy such an automatic pill dispenser that is durable, water resistant, tamper proof and break proof.
Many brands of telehealth products claim a long-term refund, replacement and maintenance warranty. Make sure you buy the automatic pill dispenser which gives you 100% satisfaction. If the product fails to assist you in your medical needs, you may have an option to contact the supplier for further help to refund or replace the pill dispenser.
Top 20 Best Rated Automatic Pill Dispenser
- IMPORTANT – Med-E-Dispenser Med-E-Lert must be purchased through Active Forever or Vitality Medical to have a valid warranty; non Med-E-Dispenser units are not covered under warranty.
- 28 COMPARTMENTS – Each compartment can hold up to 18 aspirin size pills which means you can store up to 504 pills! That’s 20% more space than other automatic pill dispensers.
- SECURE AND DISCREET DESIGN – The custom barrel key reduces the chances of theft or tampering. Plus, you can interchange the clear (worry-free compliance) and white (increased privacy) lids.
- RETAINS SETTINGS – When changing batteries this unit retains its program settings. Compared to other products, you do not need to set up the Med-E-Lert Automatic Pill Dispenser over-and-over.
- INCLUDES - Med-E-Dispenser Med-E-Lert Automatic Pill Dispenser with 6 alarms and 6 dosage rings, clear and white lid, locking key, and 4 AA batteries.
- Motorized 28-Slot Carousel Rotates & Delivers Scheduled Medicine; Great for Seniors & Caregivers
- Audible & Visual Alerts Sound & Flash Up to 30 Minutes When Pills Are Due; Simply Flip & Remove Pills From Slot
- Multiple Templates Allow Up to 6 Alerts Per Day; Program Exact Dispense Time for Custom Treatment
- Audible & Visual Alerts Sound & Flash Up to 30 Minutes When Pills Are Due; Simply Flip & Remove Pills From Slot
- High-Capacity Slots Accommodate Up to 18 Pills & Maximum 28 Days of Treatment for Minimal Refill
- EASY ONE TIME SETTING: VitaWorks Load And Go Portable Pill Organizer And Dispenser Allows You To Fill And Set Your Dispenser Only Once Every 28 Doses; The Round Pill Tray Contains 28 Slots; Each Slot Has Room For About 18 Tablets
- DISPENSE UP TO 6X PER DAY: 6 Different Dosage Rings Helps You Customize The Dispenser According To Your Daily Medication Or Vitamin Regimen: At Each Pre-set Time, The Dispenser Turns And Releases The Appointed Slot’s Contents
- SAFETY LATCH: The Dispenser Can Be Locked At All Times To Prevent Accidental Overdose In Forgetful Patients Or Young Children; A Special Key Is Included Although Locking Up The Caddy Is Optional
- AUDIO AND VISUAL ALERTS: A Customizable Alarm Rings And A Red Light Flashes Each Time Medication Needs To Be Taken; The Alerts Are Set To Ring And Flash For 30 Minutes Or Until The Dispenser Is Turned Over To Release Contents
- Contains; Automatic Pill Dispenser, 1 medication tray, 6 dosage rings, 1 metal key, and 2 lids (one clear & one solid white) easy set-up manual, and 4 AA batteries.
- Program as many as 6 alarm times daily! Alarms can be set to fit any medication schedule.
- 28 Compartment tray- Each compartment holds up to 18 aspirin size tablets so you can easily fit all of your daily medications.
- Alarm will sound for 30 minutes or until medications are dispense so you never miss a dose!
- Program settings are saved even after changing batteries.
- Requires 4 AA batteries (included)
- 28 compartment smart pill reminder with customized alerts
- Customize with included dosage rings to manage your medication or vitamins
- Program alarms manually or use your smartphone app (included)
- Use LeBox App to monitor and manage medication schedule for a loved one
- Includes: 1 pill reminder, 9 dosing rings, 1 key, and 4 AA batteries (required for operation)
- Audible alarm notifies patient of dosage times
- 28 compartments hold up to 9 pills each
- Locked lid prevents tampering with medication
- Plugs into power outlet and includes backup battery
- Model: With Flashing Light
- NEVER FORGET YOUR MEDICATIONS: This locked automatic pill dispenser allows patients to easily and accurately take the correct medications at the correct time, significantly improving medication adherence. The tipping station and cup allows for easy, no spill dispensing. No monthly fees!
- IDEAL FOR: This pill dispenser is ideal for patients with a complex medication schedule. The included tipper and cup is best suited for those with limited dexterity or tremors but will benefit anyone who wants a convenient way to dispense and take their medications accurately.
- FEATURES: Set up to 6 daily alarms. The auditory alarms are accompanied by a flashing light with both alert styles lasting for 30 minutes, or until medications are dispensed.
- COMPLETE MEDICATION MANAGEMENT: Locked automatic pill dispenser w/28-compartment tray, tipper, stainless steel medicine cup, and 2 keys.
- AUTOMATIC, PROGRAMMABLE - Improve adherence. Program dispensing schedules and dose times.
- NO MISSED MEDICATIONS - Set up custom audio reminders and alerts via email, text, or phone to a family or caregiver to eliminate missed doses.
- EASY SETUP & USE - No assembly or pill sorting required.
- IMPROVED INDEPENDENCE - Perfect for those taking multiple medications, or suffering from dementia, memory loss, or Alzheimer’s.
- SAVES TIME - No need to separate your pills for each dose. No need to repackage doses when they change.
- INTELLIGENT MEDICATION MANAGER: Pria is a personal medication assistant that takes the hassle out of medication management and relieves worries about medication non-adherence. Pria’s patented pill wheel has 28 medication slots, each slot containing one dose of medicine, holding up to 10 pills per dose. If you or your loved one takes medication once in the morning and once at night, this will hold up to 2 weeks of medication.
- CONNECTION TO CAREGIVING: No more worrying about if your loved one is taking their medication. Caregivers can check in through two way video calling or through the drop in feature. Your care circle can also receive notifications/alerts for missed scheduled doses. Stay connected at any time, from anywhere.
- NEVER MISS A DOSE: With facial recognition and PIN code verification, Pria is designed to dispense your medication to the right person at their scheduled time.
- EASY TO USE: Pria is easy to set up and walks you through refilling your medication pill wheel. The voice activated feature also allow users to easily interact with the device to set up reminders or check the weather outside.
- IMPORTANT: The Pria smartphone app, wifi, and subscription is required ($9.99/month), your purchase today includes a 6 month free subscription. Pria's app is only available within the USA. Suggested Retail - $749.99
- NEVER FORGET YOUR MEDICATIONS: This locked automatic pill dispenser allows patients to easily and accurately take the correct medications at the correct time, significantly improving medication adherence. No monthly fees!
- IDEAL FOR: This pill dispenser is ideal for patients with a complex medication schedule but will benefit anyone who wants a convenient way to dispense and take their medications accurately.
- FEATURES: Setup up to 6 daily voice alarms. The voice alarms remind with a friendly voice “It's time for your medications” and are accompanied by a flashing light. Both alert styles last for 1 hour or until medications are dispensed.
- PILL CAPACITY: Each compartment holds up to 24 Aspirin sized pills.
- COMPLETE MEDICATION MANAGEMENT: Locked automatic pill dispenser w/28-compartment tray and 2 keys.