The 5×7 inch car speakers are devices that can convert electrical signals amplified by the amplifier into vibrations of air that can be heard by humans as sound. The 5×7 inch car speakers are utilized by most vehicles. These sizes of speakers are typically found in your car’s back dash. Most cars have speakers of low power and quality built in. When 5×7 speakers are connected they disable the built-in speakers.
Reviews of the Best 5×7 Speakers
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Top 10 Best 5×7 Speakers Reviews
- Features: 5"x7" 2-way speakers, Carbon fiber-reinforced plastic woofer cone with specialized rubber surround, 1" silk dome tweeter, Handles up to 75 watts RMS (230 watts peak power), Frequency response: 73-22,000 Hz, Sensitivity: 88 dB, Top-mount depth: 2-7/16", and Grilles not included
- CONE: Made From Polyurethane, The BE5768 5 x 7 Inch Car Speakers Provide a Resilient And Durable Material That Can Offer Great Sound With The Advantage Of Long Lasting Speakers
- VOICE COIL: Aluminum Is Able To Withstand High Temperatures Yet Maintain Its Strength And Fatigue Properties. Making Our Voice Coils With This Material, Gives Our Speakers The Advantage Of Longer Pay Times With Lower Weights
- SURROUND: We Use Rubber In A Lot Of Our Speakers For The Reason That It Has The Ability To Endure Much Punishment Without Any Sign Of Damage. It Compliments The Structure Of The Speaker By Allowing Constant Abuse Where It Is Most Needed
- TWEETER: A Piezoelectric Tweeter Is More Resistant To Overloads And Can Be Used Without A Crossover Due To Its’ Electrical Property.
- WARRANTY: BOSS Audio Systems Provides a Powerful 3 Year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty So Long As The Purchase Is Made Through Amazon Dot Com
- The Punch P1572 is an impressive 2-way full-range speaker designed for fanatics who need a high quality factory replacement in an easy to install package
- The P1572 5”x7” 4-Ohm black speakers come as a pair, have a power handling of 60 Watts RMS/120 Watts Max and include mounting hardware and OEM adapter plate
- Featuring a PEI dome tweeter with built-in crossover and injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround that provides high output and accurate frequency reproduction
- FlexFit basket design utilizes slots instead of single screw sized holes that allow for a slight adjustment of the speaker when aligning with OEM mounting holes for a better fit
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
- 5-by-7-inch full-range speaker with 120 watts maximum power handling (60 watts RMS)
- Mineral-filled and polypropylene injection molded cone with butyl rubber surround
- PEI dome tweeter with built-in crossover
- Flex Fit basket allows slight adjustment of the speaker when mounted
- 75Hz - 22kHz frequency response with 89dB sensitivity
- (2) Polk Audio MM572 5x7” 600 Watt Car Audio Marine/ATV/Motorcycle/Boat Speakers . Driver Compliment: 5" x 7" (127mm x 177.8mm).
- Tweeter Compliment: 1" (25mm). Cutout Dimensions: 4.92" x 7.15" (125mm x 181.6mm). Mounting Height: 0.25" (6.35mm).
- Mounting Depth (Top): 2.56" (65mm). Mounting Depth (Bottom): 2.82" (71.5mm). Peak Power Handling: 300 Watts per speaker.
- Continuous Power Handling: 100 Watts per speaker. Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms. Frequency Response: 35Hz-40kHz.
- Sensitivity: 93 dB. Magnet Weight: 1.38/0.23 oz. Magnet Material: Neodymium. Magnet Size: 29.5mm x 5mm x 12/24mm x 5mm x 3mm. VC Diameter: 1.2". . .
- ECX-570.5 - Hertz 5" x 7" 105W RMS 2-Way Energy Series Coaxial Speaker
- Power Rating: 210W Max
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, butyl rubber surround.
- Pure copper voice coil wound on aluminum former, for very good thermal and mechanical capacity.
- Mounting Depth: 2.56"
- High performance audio upgrade that delivers signature quality sound that goes beyond OEM factory systems
- Marine certified with IP55 rating (water- and dirt-resistant) and tested for salt-fog, UV and humidity
- Polypropylene and UV tolerant cone with waterproof inner and outer surrounds
- Simple drop-in installation for any vehicle including cars, boats, ATVs—you name it
- Cut out Diameter 4.92" H x 7.15" W Bottom Mount - 2.76" Top Mount - 2.24"
- 80Hz - 20Khz FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Pyle, 5” x 7” three way sound speaker system has a 20 oz magnet structure, 1'' neodymium film dome midrange and frequency response. This car speaker is pack with exceptional 90dB (1w/1m) decibel sensitivity
- 4-OHM IMPEDANCE: This car speaker has 4-ohm impedance rating that compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars. The blue poly injection cone also looks great and allows your music to resonate with full power
- 1'' ASV VOICE COIL: Pyle car sound speaker system is capable of 1'' high-temperature ASV voice coil. It will increase performance and efficiency of heavy-duty play time through lower weight and higher operating temperatures
- 150W RMS AND 300W PEAK: This car speaker can provide up to 150 watts RMS or 300 watts peak power because it is 20 oz magnet structure. A set of one 5”x7” and one 6”x8”300-watt speakers both the high and low end for a fuller range sound
- LOUD AND CLEAR: Pyle car speaker were carefully combined to reproduce sound clearly with outstanding responsiveness. The non-fatiguing butyl rubber surround keeps your speakers secure as well as extending the life of the product
- Poly-mica coated woofer cone
- 1" neodymium film dome midrange
- 3/4 piezo tweeter
Ultimate Buying Guide – 5×7 Speakers
Types Of 5×7 Speakers
- Coaxial speakers:
Coaxial speakers are also called full range speakers. They are designed to reproduce a larger range of audio frequencies from a single unit. The drivers of these speakers are designed to save on money and space. Most OEM car audio systems now make use of coaxial speakers. These are the most inexpensive speakers. They don’t need a crossover and can be fitted directly. These speakers are also available from a variety of aftermarket car audio suppliers. Replacing factory car speakers with the high-quality aftermarket units is the most cost effective car audio upgrade available.
- Component speakers:
Component speakers each handle a component or a single portion of human hearing range i.e. twenty to twenty thousand Hertz. This spectrum is broken up into different categories when it comes to component speakers. Each component speaker contains only one cone and one driver, so they fit neatly into these categories.
- i) Tweeters:
These speakers are named after the high-pitched tweeting of birds. They cover the high end of the human hearing range from two thousand to twenty thousand Hertz. These play an important part in filling out an audio soundscape.
- ii) Mid-range:
There is an overlap between tweeters and mid-range speakers. Mid-range speakers play sounds that fall between three hundred and five thousand Hertz.
Woofers are capable of producing the dog-like woofs that give them their name. There is an overlap between mid-range speakers and woofers. Woofers can handle a deep bass which falls in the range of about forty to one thousand Hertz.
- iv) Super tweeters:
These are capable of producing frequencies that are as low as two thousand Hertz and as high as ultrasound, higher than the normal range of human hearing.
- v) Subwoofers:
Subwoofers usually operate in a range between twenty and two hundred Hertz.
Things To Consider When Buying Good 5×7 Speakers
- Additional crossover:
Additional crossover is present in total array versions for separating the wavelengths delivered to the woofer and the tweeter. The result is much, much better sound.
Determining the correct speaker configuration beforehand makes a great difference.
- Cone material:
The best cone materials are clay, fibre polymer, metal-coated fabrics, mica, polypropylene and synthetic fabrics. These are high-performing and most preferable ones. The secondary options that are average include foam, glass and paper.
- Power handling:
Once the speakers have been selected, choose a power amplifier that matches the specs of the speakers. When choosing a 5×7 speaker, it is a good idea to refer to the power amplifier output. The power amplifier output will change, depending on the impedance of the speakers connected. However, if speakers are added by connecting them in parallel, the total impedance for the speakers will change, resulting in different power output. Impedance is a compound resistance value: the greater the resistance, the harder it is for electricity to flow; and the less the resistance, the more electricity flows. The lower the impedance (ohms) (which is the resistance), the greater the number of watts output by the power amplifier. When two eight-ohm speakers are connected in parallel, the total impedance for the two speakers is four ohms. The power amplifier can be used at four ohms, and the output power will increase with reduced impedance. The benefits to connecting speakers in parallel are an increase in output compared to just using one speaker per stereo side, as well as the ability to angle the speakers to cover a wide area with sound. Speakers are often added at the live venue in order to enhance the audio system.
The amount of power your speaker demands to produce louder volumes is its sensitivity rating. Pick the 5×7 speaker that puts out incredible amounts of bass and sound to put up with higher volume levels. Speakers with high sensitivity need less power to crank up to high volumes. And speakers that demand more power for the same volume level have a little sensitivity.